Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Speaking after the meeting, Mike Ashley said: "I've confirmed to Rafa and Lee that they can have every last penny that the club generates through promotion, player sales and other means in order to build for next season."

???

Speaking after the meeting, Mike Ashley said: "I've confirmed to Rafa and Lee that they can have every last penny that the club generates through promotion, player sales and other means in order to build for next season."

???

What in the actual fuck, did Rafa spike his Lager or something?

how much do you get for getting promoted?

How much would the win be worth?

The value of victory to Sheffield Wednesday in Saturday's Sky Bet Championship play-off final is £170m, according to experts at Deloitte's Sports Business Group.

Wembley opponents Hull can also expect a huge revenue uplift if they triumph, although the value to them is less, at £110m, as they will have to forgo parachute payments following relegation from the Premier League last year.

What makes up those figures?

The record £170m minimum promotion prize is an increase of £40m on the figure estimated for last year owing to the rise in Premier League TV rights.

The figure breaks down as £95m for next season - mostly from central distributions but also increased commercial activity and gate receipts - and £75m in guaranteed parachute payments if relegated. If the club avoid the drop next year, the overall figure rises to a staggering £290m.

how much do you get for getting promoted?

I wondered this, does future increased TV money count? Crafty Mike and his legal language.

My reading of it- he's not putting in any more of his own cash, and he won't be asking for any of the shareholder loan back either.