Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Real quotes and many of them. Almost sounds like he thinks they expect him to be able to navigate this league regardless of the squad.

Just buy our world class manager some talent you fucking cunts.

Southampton have just agreed to pay £18m for a Juventus midfielder. Just to put into perspective what's going on at Newcastle and our attitude to the 'crazy' transfer market.

Absolute fucken hell on when this bloke leaves because of the small minded muppets we have running this club.

I think people will finally turn on the fat cunt and walk away from the club. I know I will, final straw if they fuck him off and he leaves.

I almost fell into the trap of going with my heart and getting my ticket back, at this point I'm feeling pretty glad i went with my head and stuck to my guns.

Seeing Rafa manage Newcastle almost pulled me back butbat the end of the day, this sort of shit is going to cloud his time here and we're barely going to see the benefits of having him here before he's inevitably 'pushed'.  I'll miss some great moments with him no doubt, but fuck it... Those moments will be minimal until we're sold and I expect Rafa will be long gone before then.

I love Rafa to bits, and I know the board are the problem here, but I'm getting a bit fed up with the negativity in all honesty. The PL starts this weekend, we should be being optimistic and looking forward to it, but because of all these sound bites and leaks from Rafa's camp everything feels doom and gloom. The players must surely pick up on that too.

Obviously there are problems, but I'm not a fan of this "airing your dirty washing in public" thing. If the problems are big enough, walk away. If the problems are frustrating but you have no intention of walking away, don't put all that doubt into the supporters' minds. I'm not really sure what talking about it in the press really achieves, apart from getting in excuses early and giving the press plenty of fuel for the fires they love to create.

The article isn't even that bad  :lol:

He's basically saying the big boys can buy the title and you don't need good managers ro do that and that to compete you need the right tools.

Yeah, maybe there's a message being sent but it's not an article.about him spitting his dummy out and presenting doom and gloom.

Guest firetotheworks

It achieves him being more likely to get what he needs and was promised, while being honest with the fans. If you're the manager of a football club then there has to be an element of airing dirty laundry if you also want to speak to and be honest with the fans. I'm not sure what your preference would be? Keeping things in house so that the fans are in blissful ignorance, all while things are going to shit and can't be resolved behind the scenes?

What's happened so far this summer has been far from ideal, but is not the disaster some are hyping it to be. Benitez is a football nerd with a system that stands way above any individual players, exceptional talents aside. So I doubt he's that bothered about Tammy Abraham or Caballero, because he'll know a number of other players who could do a similar job or how to tweak the system to work with the other targets' talents. If the window closes with no new striker in and no new keeper, that will be a problem, but there are three weeks of brinksmanship to come and we'll just have to wait and see. The window should shut before the season starts, but it doesn't, so we end up with this situation where only certain teams get their new signings in early and give them a preseason. A club far more cashed up than us is going to buy Barkley and another Van Dijk, but those players are yet to move. I think the money for Sigurdsson is crazy, but if his job is to put a free kick on someone's head or in the top corner, he'll be more likely to come in cold and do that than Van Dijk is to excel straight away in a new partnership or defensive three in competitive matches.

Guest firetotheworks

Well then you don't get it. It's just been explained like, but apparently that's bullshit despite literally our last signing coming straight after he last aired his discontent. Coincidence maybe, but he's experienced enough to know the effect of doing so.

Its absolutely obvious how much he's been dicked about. The quotes make it clear. Same old s*** with this club man, absolute charlatans the lot of them.

The whole lot is so disappointing really. If there was any time to back a manager, to do things properly, it would be now. Sadly, in keeping with the way we have been run for a decade now, it's clear that we're going to scrimp and scrape.

If we have a good season with this squad, It'll be testament to Benitez really. I think we'll be hard to beat, he'll set us up well and we'll finish around mid table. All good and well, but as always, we have the potential for so much more with this set up. Potential that we will never realize under Ashley. I know this is a negative post considering a ball is yet to be kicked but fuck me, this summer doesn't half feel like an opportunity missed; whatever happens in the forthcoming season.