Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Resigns tonight imo.

Hopefully, there's no point in supporting this club anymore. Rafa leaving would make it easy for me (relatively), it would be the final nail in the coffin.

Will be a relief in some ways.

Ashley has just played Rafa. Used him to get us up, now he's fucking him over and waiting for him to walk on a free. Then we bring in some desperate bloke who will work with what we have plus a few cheap deals.

He will think he can fluke a survival and be rolling in the money again. Just really feels like it's heading that way.

Almost there...

:'(

Didn't he say there would "100%" be signings? He said exactly that in January and we know how that ended up.

He won't be fooled again. The only stumbling block is this £6m contract release clause.

We have made signings. None of them at all proven.

Didn't he say there would "100%" be signings? He said exactly that in January and we know how that ended up.

He won't be fooled again. The only stumbling block is this £6m contract release clause.

There will be plenty of clubs willing to pay that for him.

Am pretty sure he could afford to pay it as well.

What an utterly ridiculous situation NUFC are about to leave themselves in unless they pull a rabbit from the hat in the final four hours of the transfer window.

Rafa Benitez presented a detailed business plan that he felt had been signed off by Mike Ashley - and now ends the transfer window feeling thoroughly let down by the club.

He has made his feelings clear on the club’s dealings over the course of the window but even in the final week of the window there was a hope from the manager that there would be “surprises” and that the club would do deals in the dying hours of the window.

But it now appears as if even that skinny hope is going to be dashed - and we wait to see what that means for Benitez’s future.

Here is the big question for NUFC: the outgoings they’ve been saying are required all summer have been negotiated yet the club have still failed to do any business whatsoever to improve a squad that - lest we forget - lost its first two Premier League games.

Newcastle will end the window having spent around £11m net. That’s after making a profit last summer. And spending nothing in January, when Rafa felt the squad needed upgrading.

It is recklessness of the highest order. There are some hard questions coming Newcastle’s way.

Just stuck a tenner on him being the next manager to leave at 12/1.

Gonna regret not putting more on, I reckon.

12/1?!

Fucking hell, I thought he'd be about 4s, was favourite before West Ham.

Does Ashley not realise players are only going to become more expensive? We wouldn't sign Townsend last January for 12m, and now he's valued at 27m.

Whats Ashley gonna do in January when we need reinforcements for a managerless team?

Rafa has shifted Pardew and Carrs shit signings, and been bought fuck all in return for weeks.

Just stuck a tenner on him being the next manager to leave at 12/1.

Gonna regret not putting more on, I reckon.

12/1?!

Fucking hell, I thought he'd be about 4s, was favourite before West Ham.

I can only see 6/1

While I don't doubt that he'll leave us at some point sooner than he'd planned, I certainly won't be hoping for him to walk now.

I half hope he does, put me out my misery. No ons can say this transfer window is even close to a success. Rafa and the fans fucked over again.