Newcastle United 1-1 Sunderland - 20/03/16 - Post match discussion from p.47

BlufPurdi

Who was the coach celebrating like a mad cunt? Been here two minutes and celebrated more than most fans, loved that.

I noticed that as well, comes jumping off the bench like a lunatic. FP on the jacket, don't know the name.

Fabio Pecchia.

Who was the coach celebrating like a mad cunt? Been here two minutes and celebrated more than most fans, loved that.

I noticed that as well, comes jumping off the bench like a lunatic. FP on the jacket, don't know the name.

Fabio Pecchia.

Mad props to Fabio then. Top lad.

I think the whole '6 in a row' thing possibly had an even bigger mental grip on our players than we had thought. That draw might, MIGHT just be the catalyst for survival. Yes its not the result we wanted but I really believe stopping the rot against them cunts could be the tonic we need.

Now its the trash international break :( although could be a good thing get rafa working his magic.

It's a blessing tbh, two weeks for him to put them through the paces, get them working cohesively, etc. He's not had time to breathe since taking over.

Agree. These international breaks are generally a pain, but this one could help us massively.

Gives Rafa another fortnight to work with the players, and hopefully get a few more back from Injury before Norwich.

Main thing was not to lose todays game, and hopefully we can take more out of it than them... it'll feel like a loss to them, now their 'run' has ended.

If Mitro's goal had come 10 minutes ealrier, and he'd managed to finish the game I think we might have won it... we had the imputice after the goal... just a shame we had conceded first half.

Massive, massive moment in our season, that. Our players are massively gutless and I thought Allardyce let us back into it. We grew, though, and you could see us getting a tiny bit of joy. Hope Rafa stops Sissoko out left, waste of his abilities as someone that can get past his man and whip it in. Confident with Rafa we can use that as a springboard. Howay!

I think the whole '6 in a row' thing possibly had an even bigger mental grip on our players than we had thought. That draw might, MIGHT just be the catalyst for survival. Yes its not the result we wanted but I really believe stopping the rot against them cunts could be the tonic we need.

Was thinking the same.  Or hoping, at least.

Before the goal I've never seen such poor decision making from a team in the top flight for a long time. Where there was a wrong option to pick, we picked it, every time. Did the same at Leicester but we looked very different after the goal. It's confidence as much as anything, incredibly important that we didn't lose.

Wish it wasn't Norwich next. Still can't get my head round the stupidity behind throwing Rafa straight into the two biggest games of the season instead of giving him two big opportunities to grow that confidence outside of incredibly tense and nervous affairs.

I was surprised how shit the team played in the first half considering we were at home, had the crowd behind them and had the boost of the new manager. Hopefully that point will become the platform. At least the team won't be miserable as they avoided losing. Losing would have killed any positivity.

Despite a woeful performance for most of the game, I still think the goal and everything that was connected with it could be the catalyst. Also despite our awful away form, I do think under Rafa we will be more suited to playing away from home for the remainder of the season.

I'm pleased with a point, but it really helps neither side. We just lack so much determination throughout the side - far too many passengers and it's not good enough. A better team than Sunderland would have put us away today. As it is - we live to fight on, but I'm not sure there is enough for Benitez to work with.

Shame on the Mike Ashley, Lee Charnley, Bob Concur and Graham Carr for allowing this to happen.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/premteams/7014958/Newcastle-1-Sunderland-1-When-the-dust-settles-Toon-will-still-look-likely-to-go-down.html

By DAVID COVERDALE

NEWCASTLE still look likely to go down.

There was joy at their late equaliser, but when the dust settles this was not a good result. Rafa Benitez’s appointment has not had the immediate impact fans hoped for."

All them years with Whitesnake have definitely knackered him!!

I certainly didn't expect us to beat Leicester at their place, yet they only managed one shot on target. Today, we went into a fixture we've lost the last 6 of, and which had become a huge monkey on our back, and yet we managed to gain what could be a massively valuable point.

Not sure what other 'immediate impact' he thinks we (the fans) expected, but the signs already are much more positive than had McClaren stayed in charge.

Twitter spoilt the goal for me, I'd put the laptop back on to moan. :lol:

Having goals spoiled is the worst. You're still happy as fuck and albeit slightly confused, but nothing near the raw emotion you get from not knowing. Hate it.

Before the goal I've never seen such poor decision making from a team in the top flight for a long time. Where there was a wrong option to pick, we picked it, every time. Did the same at Leicester but we looked very different after the goal. It's confidence as much as anything, incredibly important that we didn't lose.

Wish it wasn't Norwich next. Still can't get my head round the stupidity behind throwing Rafa straight into the two biggest games of the season instead of giving him two big opportunities to grow that confidence outside of incredibly tense and nervous affairs.

They rattled us early and we just couldn't get it going, you could see our lot lose confidence straight off the bat. We were feeling sorry for ourselves and they just weren't competing in key areas - CM was a joke, in particular. Confidence was the thing, though, you could see a shift after they'd laid off us a bit. We need to take that into Norwich now. Some very winnable games coming up. Not losing that could make a huge, huge difference to us.

Haven't been this nervous during a game in about 15 years. I spent the whole match alone in the bedroom on the verge of a heart attack. Had to consciously take deep breaths at one point. Didn't even celebrate the goal, just concentrated on not dying.

I wasn't that impressed with Shelvey either tbh. He's clearly the best option for that role, but I don't think he's playing well at the moment.

Yes, not sure about him myself. Doesn't seem composed enough to me to be the player we need.