Championship Planning

Tiresias

Theres a lad playing for Millwall today who mirrors the whole jamie vardy story. Lee Gregory banged the goals in for halifax as did vardy, scored 26 for millwall this season too

i think its a case of if you score goals and know how to the division you're in is irrelevant

Theres a lad playing for Millwall today who mirrors the whole jamie vardy story. Lee Gregory banged the goals in for halifax as did vardy, scored 26 for millwall this season too

i think its a case of if you score goals and know how to the division you're in is irrelevant

The division is entirely relevant - people like Vardy are the exceptions.

The division is relevant - vardy being the exception

don't believe the division is relevant at all

look at the likes of, Deeney, ighalo, austin, Kevin phillips, andy cole, vardy, rickie lambert, christ even micky quinn all strikers who plied trade at lower levels before hitting premier league all natural goalscorer.

the truth is if you're a natural goalscorer you will score goals where ever you are, in a better team you have more chances and improve greatly with better players around you

Look at the likes of Leon Best, Danny Graham, Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, Marlon King and Glenn Murray who haven't.

If it was that easy, why has no-one in this league ever signed Jordan Rhodes or Ross McCormack?

:lol:

If that were true why wouldn't Premier League clubs just snap up League 2 or the Conference's top scorers every summer for peanuts?

Mitrovic averaged 1 in 2 before he came here in two countries...his point clearly doesn't stand when his opinion applies to a player he doesn't like. :lol:

all i was saying is there are lots of young hungry lads playing in the lower leagues with far more desire, workmate and drive and will to succeed than the vast majority of a lot of wasters in our squad

Look at some of the lads from bournemouth hell even leicester, there would have been many raised eyebrows if wed signed any of bournemouths lads or wes morgan, danny simpson, marc albrighton, leonardo ulloa etc

its all about attitude  and application to me of which our lads have such the wrong one big time, then any ability that is naturally there can be coached to levels of vast improvement. Again something that we haven't been able to do for a long long time, some of our coaching setup is pub league standard recently

If that were true why wouldn't Premier League clubs just snap up League 2 or the Conference's top scorers every summer for peanuts?

Mitrovic averaged 1 in 2 before he came here in two countries...his point clearly doesn't stand when his opinion applies to a player he doesn't like. :lol:

Ill never be convinced Mitrovic will be a regular half decent premier league player.

How many has he averaged in the premier? That is the only stat which is relevant. I agree with Benitez that central defenders in England are probably as good as anywhere, especially against big centre forwards, which would explain why Mitrovic's scoring rate dipped pretty drastically since coming here.

Is anyone else actually quite excited for next season now? :lol:

The thought of us, with Rafa at the healm, winning matches regularly with some great away days along the way.

Under the right circumstances it could quite easily be a brilliant, fun season. The last one was a marvellous tonic and there's every chance it can be again.

How many has he averaged in the premier? That is the only stat which is relevant. I agree with Benitez that central defenders in England are probably as good as anywhere, especially against big centre forwards, which would explain why Mitrovic's scoring rate dipped pretty drastically since coming here.

1 in 2.6 according to Whoscored

The thought of us, with Rafa at the healm, winning matches regularly with some great away days along the way.

Leeds away will be mental  :frantic:

Leeds away will be mental  :frantic:

yup. leeds away. already promised my kids an unforgettable trip to eland rd next season.

We will need a big squad to win the championship. On top of some big signings, I think we should bring in the likes of Carrick, Morrison and Tom Carroll in on a free. Borthwick Jackson maybe worth a pop from Man U as LB cover.

yup. leeds away. already promised my kids an unforgettable trip to eland rd next season.

I wouldn't take young kids anywhere near a Leeds v Newcastle game unless Leeds have changed.

I wouldn't take young kids anywhere near a Leeds v Newcastle game unless Leeds have changed.

not sure about that. seemed ok last time I was there (4-3 solano winner).

Really hope they lift this members only policy for away tickets. If they do we'll have 7-8,000 at the likes of Blackburn and other grounds with massive allocations for away fans.

Aye. We'll probably take them numbers even if they keep the policy tbh

No chance of them lifting it, they make too much money on the membership sales.

surely cannit be that much in the grand scheme of things. however Ashley is such a penny-pincher.