The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

What an utter disgrace Arsenal are man. So unprofessional. This Bayern team has not even been tearing it up like that this season. Arsenal are jokers.

I actually think this is the best I've seen Bayern play in the Champions League since they destroyed Barca

What an utter disgrace Arsenal are man. So unprofessional. This Bayern team has not even been tearing it up like that this season. Arsenal are jokers.

I actually think this is the best I've seen Bayern play in the Champions League since they destroyed Barca

They performed like that because they knew they were going up against a bunch of weak, pathetic players. They had absolutely no fear or concern with these lot.

Problem with Wenger is there are no consequences to this. He'll still not challenge the players or call them out, and he won't drop any of them.

The state of Ozil man. That one on one he missed. He is so pathetic in so many games. Such a pansy.

They performed like that because they knew they were going up against a bunch of weak, pathetic players. They had absolutely no fear or concern with these lot.

Once a team gives less than 100% at that level you get punished. Arsenal stopped doing the basics, stopped working for each other and were frankly an embarrassment to the shirt. I think it's time for Wenger to go and tonight might tell him the same. I'd be very surprised if he's there next season.

Are Arsenal even trying to compete anymore? Just seems to me the board and somehow Wenger are happy enough with doing enough to keep the Champions League money coming in (and the larger sponsor income they can gain from that) and pocket it. Literally any other club near the top of the league would have sacked Wenger by now

You imagine back in the day the likes of Henry, Vieira, Keown etc would have been demanding more from the players and getting in people's faces if they were not doing enough.

No idea why Wenger doesn't sign more players with that kind of makeup, especially as he clearly doesn't really seem to have it in him to be a bit tougher when necessary.

Ancelotti knows is way around the champions league like no other manager.

Aye, it's him that makes them slight favourites for me over Real.

Think this cycle of Real / Barca has peaked but Real have a great squad.

If not Bayern, good chance of outside team winning it. Certainly the gap has closed in European football. For a good 5-6 years it's felt like it's been Real, Bayern & Barca with a team rivalling on a particular year. The Chelsea win was an Outlier with Bayern bottling it and God on Chelsea's side. Otherwise those 3 would've shared the CL for 6 straight seasons.

You imagine back in the day the likes of Henry, Vieira, Keown etc would have been demanding more from the players and getting in people's faces if they were not doing enough.

No idea why Wenger doesn't sign more players with that kind of makeup, especially as he clearly doesn't really seem to have it in him to be a bit tougher when necessary.

Arsenal are your modern day fanny squad. Like a team full of Gini's - good talent but shirk all responsibility when the going gets tough.

Ah man ... felt for Wenger just then man. Hate to see him go out like this. It sucks. Why he has failed to get in tougher players I will never know. There has been an issue with the mettle of these players for ages now.

Will miss the guy if he goes though. Love Wenger and have enjoyed his teams over the years.

Arsenal are your modern day fanny squad. Like a team full of Gini's - good talent but shirk all responsibility when the going gets tough.

Team full of Ginis ... damn.

That's some real talk right there man. Such a good description of them.

Are Arsenal even trying to compete anymore? Just seems to me the board and somehow Wenger are happy enough with doing enough to keep the Champions League money coming in (and the larger sponsor income they can gain from that) and pocket it. Literally any other club near the top of the league would have sacked Wenger by now

Exactly, they are happy to tick over being a champions league side and this attitude permeates from the board.