The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

An away goal infront of the away end was always a thing of beauty at Upton Park. Going to be pathetic at this.

All teams should be made to house away fans low behind a goal. Limbs flying > owt else.

Dunno if it's because of the wide open spaces all round,  but the pitch doesn't look very big to me.  Surely they would have gone for the maximum size permitted,  even if just to fill in a bit of space.

Looks way too long and not wide enough. Think it's the camera because it has to be zoomed in so it makes it look weird

Dunno if it's because of the wide open spaces all round,  but the pitch doesn't look very big to me.  Surely they would have gone for the maximum size permitted,  even if just to fill in a bit of space.

Looks way too long and not wide enough. Think it's the camera because it has to be zoomed in so it makes it look weird

Apparently it's 5m longer and 4m wider then Upton Park.

Guest neesy111

This stadium feels like its being played in Europe, doesn't feel like an English Stadium.

Niall Quinn said before the mackem game that it feels like you're in a top European city.

And London wasn't that before?  Get some drink and drive hone niall like a true irishman.

Sure i read somewhere that from next season the PL are trying to make all teams house away fans in the lower tier close to the pitch. Cant remember where i saw it now.

Guess we'd stick them in the lower leazes, would only really affect us if we go up, Sunderland, Man City and West Ham but i think its a good idea

Sure i read somewhere that from next season the PL are trying to make all teams house away fans in the lower tier close to the pitch. Cant remember where i saw it now.

Guess we'd stick them in the lower leazes, would only really affect us if we go up, Sunderland, Man City and West Ham but i think its a good idea

My son told me that a couple of weeks ago but i didn't believe him.

They're next to the pitch at the etihad, they just go all the way up the stand to the back as well.  Away fans are not right next to the pitch at Old Trafford are they

Apparently it's 5m longer and 4m wider then Upton Park.

Upton Park was notoriously cramped,  but this is the polar opposite.  Could have added an extra couple of yards on widthways.