The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

in my lifetime i can think of this, denmark winning the euros and greece winning the euros as underdog achievements that stand out in football for me

denmark less so i suppose but then they didn't even qualify for the tournament, beyond these i can't think of anything that comes close tbh...

Every Sunderland win against us in the derby :)

Changed this season, apparently.

Prior to the 2015/16 season, the top eight seeds were ordered by the coefficients of the competing clubs, but as of the current campaign, league champions from Europe's top seven associations will be placed directly into Pot One.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/10267810/leicester-to-be-placed-in-top-pot-for-champions-league-draw-if-they-win-premier-league

Ah, must have missed that. Good for Leicester, then. Gives them a much bigger chance to qualify.

So they can still end up with the likes of Dortmund, Real Madrid, Atheltico Madrid etc (assuming Barcelona win La Liga).

If I was a Leicester fan I'd be dying for a Real plus two beatable teams. How often do you get a chance to go see your team at the Bernabau?

So they can still end up with the likes of Dortmund, Real Madrid, Atheltico Madrid etc (assuming Barcelona win La Liga).

If I was a Leicester fan I'd be dying for a Real plus two beatable teams. How often do you get a chance to go see your team at the Bernabau?

Absolutely.

Prior to the 2015/16 season, the top eight seeds were ordered by the coefficients of the competing clubs, but as of the current campaign, league champions from Europe's top seven associations will be placed directly into Pot One.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/10267810/leicester-to-be-placed-in-top-pot-for-champions-league-draw-if-they-win-premier-league

:thup:

Cheers.

Ah, must have missed that. Good for Leicester, then. Gives them a much bigger chance to qualify.

Bit of a shame in a way though. They could get knocked out conceivably without playing a superstar team and not qualify again for quite some time. I'm sure their Premier League title will console them mind :lol:

How good is Ribery these days? Keep forgetting he exists and the admittedly few times I've watched them these last couple of seasons he hasnt been playing.

Still decent player, but clearly past his best.

I hope the one thing that comes out of Leicester's victory is a bit more questioning of the PFMs, instead of having carte blanche to come into proud clubs, stink the place up with dreary football, finish just above the drop zone and then say "well, what more do you expect, the title!?"

I don't expect it to happen in the media but fans should really be standing up a bit more now instead of just settling for absolute garbage all the time.