The other games today 2016/17

nemtizz

Why's Dele Alli changed to Dele

Think the Alli surname relates to his fathers side who he has no involvement with or something like that.

Edit - Link below regarding it, mother apparently gave him away at 13 when she was battling alcoholism.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/10533658/dele-alli-reveals-personal-reason-for-tottenham-shirt-name-change

Oh man Guardiola 'hmmmm my defence is old and s*** what to do, I know drop the one young one and make the rest all play a comedy high line with only one defensive midfielder'

really?

I love him but people forget at Barca Busquets was the dirtiest f***er. He'll get there when he can sign some defenders with pace and who can pass but it's kinda embarrassing how bad the defenders City have spent so much on (not under Pep has to be said, think Stones will be fine but he needed a more major refit)

True, but also people tend to forget that his team misses sitters every single game. De Bruyne v Chelsea, Sterling today. It's ridiculous. But completely agree regarding the defenders. Picking Otamendi ahead of Stones is kind of weird since both are shit, but at least one is younger and might develop into a good player.

Surely Iheanacho should be playing? False 9's only work when the false 9 is an exceptional player

Kinda agree but reckon they're probably going to score, they do look threatening going forward, just can't see them not conceding 1 or 2 more, especially the more desperate they get

Surely Iheanacho should be playing? False 9's only work when the false 9 is an exceptional player

Kinda agree but reckon they're probably going to score, they do look threatening going forward, just can't see them not conceding 1 or 2 more, especially the more desperate they get

For the amount of possession they've had they haven't created that much

Oh man Guardiola 'hmmmm my defence is old and s*** what to do, I know drop the one young one and make the rest all play a comedy high line with only one defensive midfielder'

really?

I love him but people forget at Barca Busquets was the dirtiest f***er. He'll get there when he can sign some defenders with pace and who can pass but it's kinda embarrassing how bad the defenders City have spent so much on (not under Pep has to be said, think Stones will be fine but he needed a more major refit)

True, but also people tend to forget that his team misses sitters every single game. De Bruyne v Chelsea, Sterling today. It's ridiculous. But completely agree regarding the defenders. Picking Otamendi ahead of Stones is kind of weird since both are s***, but at least one is younger and might develop into a good player.

I'm a fan but this and then the whole lets play really attacking wing backs against leicester that are decisions that are questionable.

Why's Dele Alli changed to Dele

Think the Alli surname relates to his fathers side who he has no involvement with or something like that.

Edit - Link below regarding it, mother apparently gave him away at 13 when she was battling alcoholism.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/10533658/dele-alli-reveals-personal-reason-for-tottenham-shirt-name-change

:thup:

really?

He had all summer to sign the defenders he needed. That's a weak argument. Let me spend 100 million on the best defenders about and I would get there too. He went there just to be a chequebook manager and he rightly isn't getting a lot of respect

On being a chequebook manage, I don't think he's much interested in the compromise of being at a club that can't afford to get what he really wants, and why would you settle for that when the richest clubs are after you?

People forget he turfed out a bunch of high profile highly paid players to focus on the academy gradautes when he first came in at Barcalona, and that was before he'd won anything. Admitably no way he would ever have got away with it without Messi but hey ho. I don't know if he will ever get teh chance to build a team in his image like that though.