Suspect package forces abandonment of Man Utd vs Bournemouth

Dave

How does a controlled explosion work exactly? Do they cover the bomb with some sort of equipment before detonating it?

I just imagine it's like on Monsters Inc. and the coppers run around saying "WE'VE GOT A TWENTY THREE NINETEEN!!" And then the bomb squad come and put that bowl over it, bolt it down, blow it up and then sweep up the mess.

Lethal Weapon for me, like. Bathtub it.

Well I'm obviously not suggesting we build some sort of nuclear bunker to house 52k people. My point is that if the bomb scare and bombs outside are being used as means of terrorism then surely you have to too ode somewhere safe for people to go, and infortuantly some people (players, officials etc) are going to be seen as more important than others (fans) to provide safety too.

I think you're forgetting, Stifler, that terrorists tend not to give much notice.

"Pssst. I'm about to blow this vest up, get yourself to the under-pitch bunker quickly"

What about cases like yesterday where they find a device and have to evacuate? What happens if an attack in already underway?

Well I'm obviously not suggesting we build some sort of nuclear bunker to house 52k people. My point is that if the bomb scare and bombs outside are being used as means of terrorism then surely you have to too ode somewhere safe for people to go, and infortuantly some people (players, officials etc) are going to be seen as more important than others (fans) to provide safety too.

I think you're forgetting, Stifler, that terrorists tend not to give much notice.

"Pssst. I'm about to blow this vest up, get yourself to the under-pitch bunker quickly"

What about cases like yesterday where they find a device and have to evacuate? What happens if an attack in already underway?

If an attack is underway the last thing people want is to be sent to a designated area where, presumably, the people carrying our the attack will be aware of and possibly waiting there.

I get the sentiment man, really I do, but as far as ideas go it's probably not your best.

Guest antz1uk

You'd have thought, being a training device, it would have been clearly marked. They normally do this.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Yep, if i saw a bomb somewhere with 'FAKE DEVICE' stamped on it i'd just go and pick it up aswell

:lol: Yeh, what I mean is they're often normally so obvious. But yeh...if it looks like a bomb...you s*** yourself, fake sticker or not :lol:

I See this cornflake box, a few wires and a large old style battery ala blue peter style  :lol:

I've been thinking. Security is going to be paramount now in stadiums, or it should do. Earlier on I suggested that we should do more like metal detectors, or even body scans like they do at airports. Players, officials, and VIP's are always going to be thought of as more important (sadly), and as getting an evacuation is now thought of a way to attack then surely stadiums should start thinking about panic rooms for more people to go into? Ok so this is the extreme end, and bordering paranoia, but still it's a suggestion. If for say you dig under the pitch at football grounds and installed a panic room there then surely you would then be able house a large amount of people?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxrvutn6ie1qzls9ro1_400.gif

Guest firetotheworks

I've been thinking. Security is going to be paramount now in stadiums, or it should do. Earlier on I suggested that we should do more like metal detectors, or even body scans like they do at airports. Players, officials, and VIP's are always going to be thought of as more important (sadly), and as getting an evacuation is now thought of a way to attack then surely stadiums should start thinking about panic rooms for more people to go into? Ok so this is the extreme end, and bordering paranoia, but still it's a suggestion. If for say you dig under the pitch at football grounds and installed a panic room there then surely you would then be able house a large amount of people?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxrvutn6ie1qzls9ro1_400.gif

:lol: I'm so pleased that this gif has been used.

I was at Yankee Stadium for a football game in March and they had airport style security checks. I wonder how long it'll be before that's implemented in Europe.

I've been to Wembley, once for North Shields, another for Whitley Bay (not exactly high profile games and full capacity crowds). Upon entering everyone is pat down, any drinks you have on you has to be put into a clear plastic cup (even if it's in a clear plastic bottle). All bags are checked. At SJP I have seen plenty of people go in with backpacks and not be checked, only once have I seen someone get checked, unless they were an away fan that is.

SJP is the only stadium in the country you can drive underneath. That in itself is a worry. What could a loaded lorry achieve?

Is there not a stand at Villa park where you can drive under? It's worth noting that Spur's new stadium will have a public carpark underneath it.

You can drive under that massive stand at Old Trafford.

If an attack is underway the last thing people want is to be sent to a designated area where, presumably, the people carrying our the attack will be aware of and possibly waiting there.

I get the sentiment man, really I do, but as far as ideas go it's probably not your best.

Step 1: Blow up a tiny bomb, shout: "Oh no, terrorists! Everybody to the bunker where we'll be like fish in a barrel! Ehrm, safe! Where we'll be safe!

Step 2: Blow up the people in the bunker.

:lol:

If there's a bomb scare in a stadium the last thing you want to do is keep people in the stadium, even if you're locking them away in a box under the pitch until the all clear.

If there's any kind of terror threat VIP treatment it should be emergency copters standing by to make a pitch landing, whisking them all away to safety at a moment's notice so they don't have to funnel through emergency exits with us proles.

A better and easier idea to the panic room suggestion would be to have an airship tethered to the stadium ready to take off and rescue everyone if there is a bomb scare/threat.

Louies, or Rooi (ルーイ), are kangaroo-esque animals that Bomberman can ride around on. Each different colored Louie has his/her own unique ability, similar to the power ups in the game. Another benefit of riding a Louie is that if a blast or hazard hits you, the Louie will take the damage and be destroyed, making them act as a Heart item as well.

Louies were first introduced in Bomberman '94. They have appeared in many games ever since, but sometimes are replaced by other ridable creatures like Tirras.