Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's weird how shit he's looked at this level.

If you're talking about Mbemba I thought he looked pretty good, then he had a couple of games where he made mistakes and Rafa dropped him. The same could have happened to Lascelles tbf.

Shouldn't loan or sell Mbemba at this point - we shouldn't be getting rid of any players unless we're upgrading them drastically to get us out of this division.

Completely agree.

We've seriously weakened our squad if Hanley becomes our first backup CB.

When Mbemba came here it was mentioned he could also play RB and defensive mid. So to have someone who can be utilised why get rid? Its the first time in years we have had 3 good CBs everyone goes on about Rafa rotating, seems he doesn't do it enough and i can understand these players getting fed up now. Losing Mbemba is a bad move. A loan i could understand. But if we get an injury at CB he would be needed. Id play him at defensive mid just to see if hes any good. We are struggling atm for bodies in the middle or is he also off to ACN?

The last few prem games before we got relegated. Rafa had Lacelles & Mbemba form a great partnership. They looked like they were well suited. Now he gives him no time at all.

Same with Mitro and others. We have bodies for this league but don't really use them. But Colback still gets a game???

His first game for us was at right back off the bench IIRC

Was third game against Man Utd I think. Commentators were wanking themselves silly when Depay nutmegged him but Mbemba played fine that game.

That was the game Man Utd annihilated us 0-0

Like a lot of Irish players Brady does seem to play better for us than at club level though

Norwich fans think he's very inconsistent

Wonder if Rafa + our coaching team could improve him (ala Clark)

The last few prem games before we got relegated. Rafa had Lacelles & Mbemba form a great partnership. They looked like they were well suited. Now he gives him no time at all.

Same with Mitro and others. We have bodies for this league but don't really use them. But Colback still gets a game???

You don't really change centre half partnerships if they're playing well and winning games. You also don't drop strikers that score more often than not in games. Colback only plays because our options at centre mid are dire