Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

His loss if he would rather join a no Mark club like Watford.  Shows he has no ambition apart from retaining his status as a epl player...who can't get a game in the EPL.

/cringe

Not sure how this is "cringe". I've just googled Watford FC and it's true - there are NO MARKS in the squad. Closest is rene GilMARtin, Adrian MARiappa,  Honourable mentions to Nordin AMRAbat and Valon BenRAMi for trying.

:lol: found this disproportionately funny.

Unlike your posts.

His loss if he would rather join a no Mark club like Watford.  Shows he has no ambition apart from retaining his status as a epl player...who can't get a game in the EPL.

/cringe

Not sure how this is "cringe". I've just googled Watford FC and it's true - there are NO MARKS in the squad. Closest is rene GilMARtin, Adrian MARiappa,  Honourable mentions to Nordin AMRAbat and Valon BenRAMi for trying.

Unlike your posts.

Oooof, right in the feels.

I'm sure our lack of signings so far is a decision made on our terms.

:thup: if we don't sign anyone it's completely on us - we can afford it. Thick as f*** if we don't sign a couple this window, Rafa obviously wants to.

From what I can remember a lot of our business in the summer came out of the blue, Diame and Clark certainly did and I can't remember days/weeks of speculation before Ritchie and Gayle either.  We seemed to know players were on their way for definite about 24 hours before they were holding a medical.  I'm hoping it's the same this month, we seem to want to keep our cards very close to our chest.

I've never rated Downing, really don't see what he does regularly well that could change games. No pace, doesn't take defenders on, scores rarely but can deliver a decent cross. No denying he's made a canny career for himself.

/cringe

Unlike your posts.

Your posts are proportionately funny disco.

/cringe

[emoji38] found this disproportionately funny.

Unlike your posts.

[emoji38]

The days of NUFC being a top draw for players are well and truly over, at least for the foreseeable future.

Once KK got us promoted, lots of players wanted to join us and that continued throughout the 90s and a few years after because SBR eventually took over.

Once players saw what happened with KK after Ashley took over and then the shambles of relegation they began to be wary and we only wanted to sign players who were below a certain age or foreign...usually French.

We got lucky with Cabaye and at first, Tiote but when we failed to strengthen the squad properly after finishing 5th, we began to acquire the reputation of being cheapskates and unambitious...this has carried over to today's transfer window and top players - whether they be in the PL or Champ lge are not necessarily going to be in a rush to join us.

Our lack of success in the past few years is going to raise red flags with decent foreign players too and in my view we will not be a magnet for decent players until we get promoted...even with Rafa at the helm - unless we pay stupid fees.

If moderate players like Cleverley want to sign for the likes of Watford above us, it highlights the problem we face.

We may make a signing or two, we may not, but Knockaert staying at Brighton is no surprise really. They have at least as good a chance of promotion, are playing better and he doesn't have to move.

Players go to the team who pays them the most money. A club's stature and other characteristics, like the manager or division, are relevant factors of course, but money's the kicker. There's nothing to get depressed about, it's just the state of the game. We're not one of the mega-rich Champions League elite, like 99.9999999% of all other football clubs on the planet, that's all.

I'm sure our lack of signings so far is a decision made on our terms.

Money is important to many players but it isn't the be-all and end-all...if it were, Ronaldo would now be heading for China as one of their mega-rich clubs offered him mega-bucks, far and away in excess of what Real would ever pay him but he stayed at Madrid...

We are not talking about players of that category - nobody is getting depressed about lack of signings but many are concerned as they can see the squad needs fresh input or promotion is far from certain and that would set us back years.

Maybe the gamble that this squad can take us up absolutely must be taken , because Rafa knows that it is THEN that a drastic change of personnel , and thus major investment , is needed to enable his game plan to survive without looking utterly ineffective amongst the big boys . Realistically we know Rafa won't be working without some restrictions and he maybe realises he needs every last penny for the big upgrade needed if and when. Could be loanees if anything at all this window .

I think folk need to ask themselves this question.

Would you have taken our situation at the halfway mark at the start of the season?

We have played some average footy of late and make no mistake Shelvey has been a huge miss, but he's back soon and the squad was good enough to look like we'd waltz it not long ago.So lets not panic and believe the end game will happen.  O0

I think you can always ask questions.  Relying on Colback in the middle for example is a situation that needs to be rectified as we're one injury away from having that be our regular Xi.  We're doing well and have decent depth for most positions but a CM and a winger should see us cruise this league.

No need to shit your pants just yet though, we've had a fairly bad run of form but we're still in the promotion places miles clear.  A couple of additions in this window will see us sail to the top spot by May.

Maybe the gamble that this squad can take us up absolutely must be taken , because Rafa knows that it is THEN that a drastic change of personnel , and thus major investment , is needed to enable his game plan to survive without looking utterly ineffective amongst the big boys . Realistically we know Rafa won't be working without some restrictions and he maybe realises he needs every last penny for the big upgrade needed if and when. Could be loanees if anything at all this window .

I'd be quite happy with 2 loans for 2 midfielders if it meant keeping our funds to spend in the summer.

We need a left winger and a massive upgrade on the little ginger wanker. Preferably someone who can create a little bit from the middle as well just in case Shelvey decides to lose the plot again.

I'd be quite happy with 2 loans for 2 midfielders if it meant keeping our funds to spend in the summer.

We need a left winger and a massive upgrade on the little ginger wanker. Preferably someone who can create a little bit from the middle as well just in case Shelvey decides to lose the plot again.

fuck if there isn't a midfielder in world football available for loan better than colback like :lol:

I have total faith in Rafa but i'm a bit surprised by the lack of activity, but if he thinks we have enough to see the season out then so be it.

also how can we not have one in the academy that's better than colback?  ffs

I'm willing to bet that Sean Longstaff would 'rape him' in a 1v1.

Hell I'd bet David Longstaff could!

Is he still alive? If so then I agree.

Aye he's still alive, but if he was dead I think it would be a draw.

I have total faith in Rafa but i'm a bit surprised by the lack of activity, but if he thinks we have enough to see the season out then so be it.

Didn't he say he wanted a CM and LM at tge start of the window? Then said we've inquired about a few but the prices have been too high.