Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would love McCarthy here. Weren't we after him before Everton signed him?

Don't know but Rafa seemed to really want him pre-season. Doubt that has changed. Everton have one midfielder in and one out on loan, anyone know whether they look comfortable in midfield/don't need McCarthy?

Tom Davies is starting for them in centre mid at the moment. Certainly looks as if McCarthy is out of favour.

Sheyi Ojo was a name mentioned in the Chronicle this morning.

Just looked at their squad list for MF. With number of games started and appeared as sub.

Schneiderlin P 0 (0)

Gibson P 0 (1)

Barkley 19 (2)

Lennon 8 (4)

McCarthy 7(1)

Gueye 20 (0)

Gareth Barry 17(0)

Oviedo 6(0)

Besic 0(0)

Davies 3 (5)

Dowell 0 (0)

*Cleverley 5(6)

*Grant 0(0)

*McGeady 0(1)

Don't know what is 'enough' cover but McCarthy is one of 7 who have featured 6+ times.

I think a future player is a youngster to join the development squad.

Probably.And probably done without Rafa's knowledge. But Benitez only has a 3 year contract, so the club are well within their rights to purchase players, with a view to developing them beyond that point. I doubt Rafa would have a problem with that.

Probably.And probably done without Rafa's knowledge. But Benitez only has a 3 year contract, so the club are well within their rights to purchase players, with a view to developing them beyond that point. I doubt Rafa would have a problem with that.

If anything, the obvious meaning of future player is one that will join in the summer.

If anything, the obvious meaning of future player is one that will join in the summer.

"before this window is shut" Would that be like when they announced before the end of the last window that we would sign Alan Judge in this window?

"before this window is shut" Would that be like when they announced before the end of the last window that we would sign Alan Judge in this window?

Very likely just a player whose contract is up in the summer.

Very likely just a player whose contract is up in the summer.

Oh aye, that could be right.

Obviously how this club works on such things is an enigma so I wouldn't try to pre-guess anything, but what would be the benefit of announcing such a deal before the window shuts? To appease the fans, maybe?

When do season ticket renewals begin?

Bamford recalled by Chelsea who have said he can go back out on loan.  Might be worth a punt

Strikers wise we are fine IMO

Gayle-Mitro-Murphy-Perez-Gouffran

It's midfielders we lack (at the moment) IMO

Bamford recalled by Chelsea who have said he can go back out on loan.  Might be worth a punt

Strikers wise we are fine IMO

Gayle-Mitro-Murphy-Perez-Gouffran

It's midfielders we lack (at the moment) IMO

I don't know like; outside of Gayle it's slim pickins. Perez hasn't been very good, Murphy is meh. Rafa clearly didn't rate Mitro and he's out for a while anyway and Gouffran has fallen off immensely. Probably not the worst idea.

edit: not to say we don't lack midfielders. It's just hard to say which is more pressing as the situation's not great anywhere.

Day 16 and still no progress in the window.

...though each window contains a different story. We pan past to find Jacey Lakems, 28...hot, but doesn't know it.

:lol:

I'll never stop finding that hilarious.

Blane: Maybe I don't need a new friend.

Jacey: Maybe you're the only friend I need.

Blane: Need, or want?

Jacey: I've never been much for wanting.

Blane: Spoken like someone with needs.

McCarthy yes, Townsend no. He can fuck off and keep cutting inside, shooting from 20-yards at Palace.

There are valid reasons for being cold or lukewarm on a potential Townsend return but what does on the pitch certainly isn't one of them. His performances here were the best I've seen from a winger in over a decade, Hatem excluded.