Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Had Toure and Gerrard in his back pocket and was playing really well, got Injured, came back, got blamed for Krul not being able to kick a ball, then had to sit on the bench and watch good lads Taylor and Gutierrez play in midfield because they had pashun.

Carver hated him. Or just loved those two. We were worse off for not playing him. I'd probably rather take him back than spend 20 million on McCarthy. Colback needs to go, is the bottom line.

Had Toure and Gerrard in his back pocket and was playing really well, got Injured, came back, got blamed for Krul not being able to kick a ball, then had to sit on the bench and watch good lads Taylor and Gutierrez play in midfield because they had pashun.

Carver hated him. Or just loved those two. We were worse off for not playing him. I'd probably rather take him back than spend 20 million on McCarthy. Colback needs to go, is the bottom line.

How often has anyone watched him in the last two years?

SanToon has been sending me clips pretty much every weekend. He's had a decent season at a struggling Dijoin playing CM. Seems way more skillful than I remember, then again he did play like 10 games for us.

I thought people were saying that about Gray and King?

If thats the case then i'm wrong and retract the above post.

Thought I saw it in relation to the Pires link.

You maybe did, as I posted some stats-related blurb on Gabriel Pires. Someone would have to be pretty thick though to write-off a player purely on such information; ditto, if you're clammering for a signing on the basis of YouTube best bits. I posted the stats link because he looked like a Laurent Robert on the pictures and like Des Hamilton on the numbers. Not meant to imply the numbers give anything definitive; nor the pictures; both just one source of information. Let's face it even if you've watched a player all season not everybody shares the same view. Though Gabriel being lowest ranked midfielder in La Liga did somewhat curb my own enthusiasm.

Linked with Yann Karamoh - an 18 year old winger/striker from Caen. Monaco sniffing around too but he's meant to be quick and has 5 goals, 4 assists this season.

Disco, you may need to get out your checklist - young, French and out of contract in a year.

Linked with Yann Karamoh - an 18 year old winger/striker from Caen. Monaco sniffing around too but he's meant to be quick and has 5 goals, 4 assists this season.

Disco, you may need to get out your checklist - young, French and out of contract in a year.

Monaco will get him.

:lol: Been a while. With Carr hopefully out of the picture hopefully we'll be a little more flexible to transfers.

Still think Lukaku could backfire for a top club. His linkup play is poor and he's very streaky.

Streaky? He scored in 22 games this season. Harry Kane scored in 20.

His record against top 6 clubs isn't too good apparently. If you're Chelsea you have to consider that.

Very few strikers do have a good record against the top 6 - http://www.football365.com/news/the-nonsense-of-the-flat-track-bully-criticism

Pertinent section (correct as of mid-April):

The fact that every elite striker in the Premier League this season has endured such criticism at one time or another is enough to deem the accusation itself as nonsense, but let’s prove it so anyway. Judging the six top-scoring strikers in the country on the number of non-penalty goals scored in starts against the top six produces the following results (non-penalty goals is the only fair way of comparing penalty takers against non-penalty takers:

Lukaku – 3 non-penalty goals in 9 starts

Ibrahimovic – 2 in 5

Aguero – 2 in 6

Costa – 2 in 8

Defoe – 1 in 9

Kane – 0 in 7

Great article Hughesy, thanks for the link. I think Lukaku is class and will score for any top team.

My impression of games between top four teams is that they are frequently dour and often won by a defender heading in a set piece.

Everton have never really had a quality attacking midfielder known for creating chances either have they? Barkley never quite figured that role out.

Having Hazard and Pedro in behind him would be absolutely frightening. Think he'd really flourish.

Fuck Townsend.  He weaseled off to the first shitty club that came sniffing round him, not to mention chose playing for Pardew over Rafa.  Would rather we went for someone else.

Wouldn't have him back unless he does this...

Fuck Townsend.  He weaseled off to the first shitty club that came sniffing round him, not to mention chose playing for Pardew over Rafa.  Would rather we went for someone else.

Yep, this is still my view as well. Don't want him back unless he's really desperate to be here. He's a good player, but a shitty person by the looks of it.

Not really sure how a player, a few years stagnated but with international aspirations, choosing to chance playing for an un-preferential premier league team rather than a relegated one can be called a shitty person. As it turns out he's made the wrong decision, but he probably made the decision that was most likely to allow him to meet his aspirations.

I'd have him back, no question.