Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Be odd if we break our transfer record on a 28 year old who, according to transfermarkt, seemed very in and out of the Benfica team and only completed 90 minutes 9 times in the league

Pizzi and Fejsa seem to be starting ahead of him at the end of the season. Can't say I've heard of either. Wonder what happened to the Gabriel Pires rumour

Pizzi used to post on here, didn't he?

For anyone panicking, don't forget the end of this month is also the end of the financial year!

This is when we made signings last summer;

694958f699e1ece0c1137a7c567b9e63.jpg

Keep in mind we started slowly, losing our first two games.

Half were still in before the first pre-season game mind.

And we hardly looked slick at the start of the season. As pointed out, we lost our first two games (to decent teams tbf). Definitely could have done with more time to bed in the newbies though.

Half were still in before the first pre-season game mind.

And we hardly looked slick at the start of the season. As pointed out, we lost our first two games (to decent teams tbf). Definitely could have done with more time to bed in the newbies though.

Hanley was the only player in the starting XI at Fulham who'd been at the club under 3 weeks wasn't he?

Thfs 1st of July thing is interesting, what benefit does the club get from that?

TBF its the right way to do it, its the day contracts expire. It's basically end of financial year player wise.

Thfs 1st of July thing is interesting, what benefit does the club get from that?

TBF its the right way to do it, its the day contracts expire. It's basically end of financial year player wise.

Yep. And if you're buying several players and add up the wages they get these days it's the kind of chunk of change we like saving. You don't want players in any later than July though ideally.

We lost the first two games because Anita was suddenly used at right wing because he was seen as needed on the pitch. Meant we had no threat on that wing.

Not sure that was the sole reason, as we had no threat on the left wing for the majority of the season with Gouf there.

We're really desperate for a DM it seems.

We've needed one for about 15 years :lol:

Last time we had a really great DM was David Batty imo.

Tiote was great for the first 2 seasons.

I'm finding a lot of these targets a bit underwhelming if I'm honest, I wouldn't mind but do think we need to splash out on at least one proven quality player to build the squad around. What we seem to be doing seems a recipe for struggling next season with trying to fit new players into the squad. Spash out on Sigurdson and while it will cost a lot he guarantees goals and creativity. Then surround him with promising £10m sure. Hope I'm proven wrong, and I do trust Rafa but fear he's been told no paying more than £15m for any one player or something. Hope I'm wrong and we end up with a Cabaye like bargain but hmmmm.