Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We lost the first two games because Anita was suddenly used at right wing because he was seen as needed on the pitch. Meant we had no threat on that wing.

Not sure that was the sole reason, as we had no threat on the left wing for the majority of the season with Gouf there.

Gouffran at least made runs into the box. Anita played as a second right back/defensive midfielder.

When was the last time we had a functional central midfield duo/trio?

Speed and Dyer over 13 years ago.

Dyer - functional  ;D

In the 10 minutes he was fit yes. I get the sentiment. Just wouldn't put the word functional next to Dyer.

In their best season together when we finished 3rd Dyer played almost 50 games, to be fair.

Dyer is such an underrated player. He offered something different to just about every other central midfield player I can think of, his ability to break beyond a defence and cause havoc was phenomenal. He had his faults but there were times where has was almost unmarkable. Put in a team with players who could pick and a pass and wow. I'm convinced we'd have beaten Brazil if he'd been put on earlier. Anyway, wrong thread for this.