Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not really sure how a player, a few years stagnated but with international aspirations, choosing to chance playing for an un-preferential premier league team rather than a relegated one can be called a shitty person. As it turns out he's made the wrong decision, but he probably made the decision that was most likely to allow him to meet his aspirations.

I'd have him back, no question.

Pretty much this :thup:

Not really sure how a player, a few years stagnated but with international aspirations, choosing to chance playing for an un-preferential premier league team rather than a relegated one can be called a shitty person. As it turns out he's made the wrong decision, but he probably made the decision that was most likely to allow him to meet his aspirations.

Exactly

Out of the wingers been linked, he's by far my prefered choice

Townsend is class and Rafa has already had him playing good football. Put him on the opposite side to Ritchie and there won't have been many newly promoted teams with better wingers.

Rafa isn't much of a genius if he can't find somebody better than Andross across the entire European continent. Would bring in a DoF over his head if this is the best he can do.

We need someone with experience of the league who doesn't take a year to get used to it imo.

Rafa isn't much of a genius if he can't find somebody better than Andross across the entire European continent. Would bring in a DoF over his head if this is the best he can do.

Wum

Newcastle United target Celtic's Jozo Simunovic as Rafa Benitez aims to strengthen at centre-back

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-jozo-simunovic-celtic-13080586#ICID=ios_ChronicleNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

Get Tierney while we're raiding Celtic. Top quality young left back although he's been linked with Chelsea recently I don't think that would be his wisest move.

Townsend had a nice 4-month purple patch here, which he's proved at Palace.

Or hes proven it takes time for him to settle into a new team, and that he struggles under poor managers like McClaren and Pardew?

Question is: would he have us back? This is what defines a shitty person if you are a Newcastle fan.

Agree, which is why we need to keep Dummett and not sign a new LB.

Or we could just sign a new left back with experience of the league and you could stop being a wum.

He's not a shitty person, just thick as mince.

Wouldn't have been opposed to Townsend pre-permanently signing Atsu. We have enough left footed wingers (Ritchie, Atsu, Aarons) and we need some right footed wingers to play on the left of midfield to balance out the squad.

Townsend had a nice 4-month purple patch here, which he's proved at Palace.

Just another case of Pardewing I suspect.

Under Pardew

1 goal 2 assists in 1183 minutes

Under Allardyce

2 goals 4 assists in 1343 minutes

Ritchie involved in 10-12 goals on one side and Townsend or someone else involved in 10-12 on the other and we should be comfortably mid table.