Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Personally, I think a winger with a bit of pace or a compotent number 10 is almost as important as a goal scorer. Say what you like about our strikers and they are a bag of shite. But our creative and wide options are just quite simply, nowhere near good enough. Although I suppose you can say that for basically the whole squad.

Out of the 11 players on the pitch, there's arguably 2 which don't need upgraded (Lascelles and Merino). In every other position we could sign a player and improve the starting 11.

3 or 4 in any position would be a significant boost to us.

Out of the 11 players on the pitch, there's arguably 2 which don't need upgraded (Lascelles and Merino). In every other position we could sign a player and improve the starting 11.

3 or 4 in any position would be a significant boost to us.

Yeah, true enough.  I just look at how many games we have lost by the odd goal and think we need attacking options as a priority.  We have actually been solid for a fair few of our games (not recently, of course) just struggled to create much.

Realistically, which goalkeeper is available and willing to join us with the budget Rafa has for January? Sick and tired of the s*** goalkeepers we've had over the years and that includes Krul too post his injuries. Really need to get a proper keeper that Rafa trusts and that can manage the defence in front of him.

Realistically, which goalkeeper is available and willing to join us with the budget Rafa has for January? Sick and tired of the s*** goalkeepers we've had over the years and that includes Krul too post his injuries. Really need to get a proper keeper that Rafa trusts and that can manage the defence in front of him.

Admittedly don't know much of his current situation, but would Reina be an option?

Rafa clearly wanted to bring him here, but I thought it was simply the fee for a keeper/player his age that was the problem (for Ashley).

Hopefully, if such restrictions are (being) lifted, then Rafa can try for who he really wants.

Personally, I think a winger with a bit of pace or a compotent number 10 is almost as important as a goal scorer. Say what you like about our strikers and they are a bag of s****. But our creative and wide options are just quite simply, nowhere near good enough. Although I suppose you can say that for basically the whole squad.

Agree. How many scoring opportunities did Gayle get last night?

Admittedly don't know much of his current situation, but would Reina be an option?

Rafa clearly wanted to bring him here, but I thought it was simply the fee for a keeper/player his age that was the problem (for Ashley).

Hopefully, if such restrictions are (being) lifted, then Rafa can try for who he really wants.

No, he's starting GK for Napoli who have been top of Serie A for a lot of the season and are now only 1 point behind Juve

Vorm? :dontknow: Doesnt have age on his side though.  Had a look last night and he's literally the only one in the Prem who isnt a starting GK and probably at least a bit realistic cause Pochettino likes Gazzaniga

Decent shout, good with his feet too which Benitez favours.

Why was Cassilas mentioned in some reports? Didn't he got dropped by Rafa at Real or am I mistaking Rafa for someone else?

Nah, was Mourinho.

Right. Thought there was someone who broke tradition at Real dropped Cassilas but was hard to believe it was Rafa.

Predrag Rajkovic. MVP of U20 WC.

A young keeper who's never played in England? No, we need somebody who's proven.

A young keeper who's never played in England? No, we need somebody proven.

I'd still choose him. He's a great potential and according to FM(yeah, I know), he has good composure and concentration. City bought Ederson for 35 million and this guy couls be our poor's man Ederson.

I'd still choose him. He's a great potential and according to FM(yeah, I know), he has good composure and concentration. City bought Ederson for 35 million and this guy couls be our poor's man Ederson.

Ederson is a couple of years older and had played for Benfica in the CL when City signed him though. I wouldn't be comfortable with relying on a 22 year old signed from the Israeli League at this time.

Ederson is a couple of years older and had played for Benfica in the CL when City signed him though. I wouldn't be comfortable with relying on a 22 year old signed from the Israeli League at this time.

I understand what you're saying, but we really can't do better. Someone will buy him and then he'll cost more than now. Maybe the timing isn't great, but I would take that risk. He can't be worse than our current keepers.

I said in the relegationometer thread, we practically need a new team. Only players worth holding on to that we currently have imo are Merino, Yedlin, Lascelles and Murphy.

I really don't think it's that bad. 3 players of quality would transform the team IMO. Everyone looks 50% worse at the moment because of form.

Obviously we need much better players longer-term, but that's a different issue.

I said in the relegationometer thread, we practically need a new team. Only players worth holding on to that we currently have imo are Merino, Yedlin, Lascelles and Murphy.

I really don't think it's that bad. 3 players of quality would transform the team IMO. Everyone looks 50% worse at the moment because of form.

Obviously we need much better players longer-term, but that's a different issue.

Meant longer term if we stay up, didn't communicate that well.

In January I'd be delighted with Batshuayi on loan, a LB, and a CM that can screen and protect the defence instead of letting runners past him, and can play a bit of football when he needs to. A GK is an absolute must as well.

We need a bit of surgery basically. Last night opened my eyes to just how poor we are.