Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Villa are apparently going to activate Hull striker Hernandez's release clause for 10m, surely we should be looking at getting him?

Much more impressive than the McCormack signing if they get him.

That would mean their 3 strikers would have scored 61 goals between them in their last Championship season. :lol:

Makes Gayle look a really s*** signing tbh, im not just not sure how much more money we have left to get a new striker and winger

Considering we have spent f*** all so far from a net spend point of view I'd hope it's a lot. :lol:

Would hope so but we did spend about 100m last season and have just been relegated. Seems we need to shift some wasters and dead wood to fund signings

I'd like to see us go for Assombalonga.

He should definitely be on the shortlist mind, would be a great signing

Agree - he'll definitely score goals this season and has lots of potential for the future.

Mark Douglas has been putting Crouch's name forward again today.

I thought we wanted someone who could score 20 goals a season, when was the last time he did that? If we want a big strong lad who can grab a guaranteed 10 goals this season, we already have Mitro, chances are he could probably score a lot more as well.

With the McGoldrick and Crouch links, I wonder whether Rafa is after a particular style striker to cover for and help develop Mitro? Doubt we'll predominantly play two centre forwards, if we do: a target/hold-up man (Mitro and new cover) with a busy Bellamy type off him (Gayle or Perez) may be the plan.

Guest chopey

Lets just give £30 million for Knockaert, Forestieri and Galloway and then start letting some of the dross and Sissoko go ..................sorted.

Mystic Meg

After a fairly decent transfer window, I don't think we are now doing enough to get the final pieces together that we need, I really hope something is going on behind the scenes because attacking wise we are weak, and a couple of injuries could see us starting Gouffran & Armstrong.

GET IT SORTED.

We've kept pretty much all of our transfers away from the media until they're really close to being finalised so I don't think you can say we aren't doing enough when you've no idea what's going behind the scenes.

Looks like we've finally moved away from weeks and weeks of speculation over one player and we get stuff sorted privately and quickly now.

This time yesterday we thought we'd be stuck with Dummett for Saturday, no one anticipated us probably completing a transfer today for Galloway 24 hours ago

Hope the winger we are after is a real game changer, ala Knockeart.  A lot of this is going to depend on moving Moussa on, hopefully we can do it soon because it's turning into a real saga

We've kept pretty much all of our transfers away from the media until they're really close to being finalised so I don't think you can say we aren't doing enough when you've no idea what's going behind the scenes.

Looks like we've finally moved away from weeks and weeks of speculation over one player and we get stuff sorted privately and quickly now.

This time yesterday we thought we'd be stuck with Dummett for Saturday, no one anticipated us probably completing a transfer today for Galloway 24 hours ago

:thup: Exactly.

After a fairly decent transfer window, <b>I don't think we are now doing enough to get the final pieces together that we need</b>, I really hope something is going on behind the scenes because attacking wise we are weak, and a couple of injuries could see us starting Gouffran & Armstrong.

GET IT SORTED.

And you know this how? :lol:

Well the fact we haven't brought in any more players is a bit of a giveaway :lol:

It's all assumptions in here really, thought we would have had another attacking player in by now at least considering others are making moves.

Who knows what might happen still but all I'm saying is I would have hoped for movement, probably missed a trick with McCormack and now seemingly even Derby going after Foresteri.