Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He was at us for half a season and went to play for a Premiership club, where you'd have expected him to start week in week out. Most players would have done the same in that situation. I'd definitely have him back here.

He's a massive upgrade on anyone in our squad and much better than the likes of Cleverley or Downing, I think he would be brilliant at this level and like others have said get promoted and worry about anything else afterwards.

Yep. Douglas thinks this might have legs.

I said a while back in the Townsend thread...if he comes back in Jan then I'll be well happy. He'd be a massive help and having half a season in the championship would go towards forgiving him for being a pussy. If he wanted back only when we were back in the Prem then he can fuck the fuck off.

Still think this.

Considering how much we need goals from midfield and some of the dross we've been linked with I'd snap their arms off to bring him back. He'd tear up the division and would be a decent player for us back in the prem.

If we get anyone in of his calibre I'd be stunned and very happy in equal measure.

Considering how much we need goals from midfield and some of the dross we've been linked with I'd snap their arms off to bring him back. He'd tear up the division and would be a decent player for us back in the prem.

If we get anyone in of his calibre I'd be stunned and very happy in equal measure.

Absolutely correct.

Allardyce won't get anything out of him. Let Sam have the money he needs to "work his magic". Palace survive and Sunderland go down. I'm ok with that.

what would be a worthwhile price to " hire" Townsend and Cabaye till the end of the season, would save wages at palace and give the Fat One a couple of quid to get a player or two in and us not being commited to place them on a 3yrs or so contract knowing they would probably do another bunk.

James McCarthy Available for £10m apparently now that Schneiderlin is in. That's the kind of moves we need to be making, that and Townsend, possibly recall Krul and we should be good for the rest of the season.

James McCarthy Available for £10m apparently now that Schneiderlin is in. That's the kind of moves we need to be making, that and Townsend, possibly recall Krul and we should be good for the rest of the season.

Why on earth would we recall Krul? Darlow's performing and Elliott is close to returning to the squad.