Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fair to say that Benitez no longer controls transfers and that Ashley is back and involved with key decision making Can only make for unrest

How's that? Sometimes transfers don't happen. Look when Keegan was in charge or Robson, we didnt always sign players we wanted. We clearly didnt want to sign players who were'nt good enough for the Premier League, hence targetting Townsend, McCarthy. It's difficult to sign players of that ilk when you're in the 2nd tier for a kick off.

Another person who's crying about Benitez leaving when nobody knows what has actually happened, and Benitez is still there. Can't enjoy his reign at NUFC because so many fans are throwing their toys out the pram and speculating that he is leaving or unhappy.

When you've lost 7 games and your squad has glaring weaknesses you sign someone like, it's been clear throughout the season that any problems with us were going to be fixed by us bringing players in, not Benitez changing anything. I don't know why people are just accepting these arguments tbh, if we cannot get a 'prem player' in then get one of those disgusting 'average Championship players' (YUKKKK!) in for a few quid.

There's not some mental conspiricy theory going on. #wait

fuckin hell man, I`m always p*ssed off when we don't strengthen our squad but when you consider the squad, manager & infrastructure & current points total we currently have, we should be a shoe in for promotion really.

I have considered it, <b>it looks mid championship+ JJ shelvey</b>.

the other Issue is prem clubs strengthening while we hope for promotion and dont- so the chasm to overcome to stay up if we get there just gets bigger.

:lol: Fuck off man. :lol:

no :lol:  we were shit when shelvey was missing.

When you've lost 7 games and your squad has glaring weaknesses you sign someone like, it's been clear throuout the season that any problems with us were going to be fixed by us bringing players in, not Benitez changing anything. I don't know why people are just accepting these arguments tbh, if we cannot get a 'prem player' in then get one of those disgusting 'average Championship players' (YUKKKK!) in for a few quid.

There's not some mental conspiricy theory going in.

i totally agree, it appears the manager didn't want any though, he wanted players who were prem ready.

When you've lost 7 games and your squad has glaring weaknesses you sign someone like, it's been clear throuout the season that any problems with us were going to be fixed by us bringing players in, not Benitez changing anything. I don't know why people are just accepting these arguments tbh, if we cannot get a 'prem player' in then get one of those disgusting 'average Championship players' (YUKKKK!) in for a few quid.

i totally agree, it appears the manager didn't want any though, he wanted players who were prem ready.

You honestly believe Rafa didn't want more boddies in midfield if we were willing to get then? Or do you not think any opinion he has is based on the restrictions he has placed on him by Ashley? He also said he only wanted Prem ready players in earlier in the window when he still young and nieve, he thought he was getting atleast 2 in back then. He'll put on a brave face but he repeated yesterday that he wanted at least 2 in and that it was all on the board whether he gets them or not.

fuckin hell man, I`m always p*ssed off when we don't strengthen our squad but when you consider the squad, manager & infrastructure & current points total we currently have, we should be a shoe in for promotion really.

the other Issue is prem clubs strengthening while we hope for promotion and dont- so the chasm to overcome to stay up if we get there just gets bigger.

If shit equals second place in the league then I'm glad we're shit.

come on, the momentum was moving away from the play offs when Shelvey was playing, and slipping back towards them without him. and you well know it.

come on, the momentum was moving away from the play offs when Shelvey was playing, and slipping back towards them without him. and you well know it.

Nope. Stop going on as if every team below us are going to win all of their games, because they aren't. And neither are Brighton. There's a long way to go but we've got enough quality to finish at least second imo. Rafa's lack of a plan B is costing us more than Ashley's apparent tight fistedness this season, as much as I hate to say it.

You honestly believe Rafa didn't want more boddies in midfield if we were willing to get then? Or do you not think any opinion he has is based on the restrictions he has placed on him by Ashley? He also said he only wanted Prem ready players in earlier in the window when he still young and nieve, he thought he was getting atleast 2 in back then. He'll put on a brave face but he repeated yesterday that he wanted at least 2 in and that it was all on the board whether he gets them or not.

his crack from December sounds pretty categoric, whether that opinion changed or not i've no idea, and nor has anyone else tbh. I'd like to think he wasn't just being ashley's mouthpiece though, we've had enough of them.

i think we should have brought more competent bodies in for sure, prem ready or not.

Guess we'll see how this plays out over the next week or so, we just have to hope he doesn't feel (and hasn't been) stitched up.

Nope. Stop going on as if every team below us are going to win all of their games, because they aren't. And neither are Brighton. There's a long way to go but we've got enough quality to finish at least second imo. Rafa's lack of a plan B is costing us more than Ashley's apparent tight fistedness this season, as much as I hate to say it.

I'd hate to say something so ludicrously stupid too tbf.

ok, we will have to see how it goes. We would have had a far better chance of promotion with a couple of additions.

It looks to me like Ashley is sewing the seeds for a mediocre time if we do get promoted, curtail Rafas ambition while looking like they tried.

ok, we will have to see how it goes. We would have had a far better chance of promotion with a couple of additions.

It looks to me like Ashley is sewing the seeds for a mediocre time if we do get promoted, curtail Rafas ambition while looking like they tried.

Based on what though? There's absolutely nothing to suggest he'll go either way in the summer, spunking shit loads or giving Rafa nothing to work with.

his crack from December sounds pretty categoric, whether that opinion changed or not i've no idea, and nor has anyone else tbh. I'd like to think he wasn't just being ashley's mouthpiece though, we've had enough of them.

i think we should have brought more competent bodies in for sure, prem ready or not.

Guess we'll see how this plays out over the next week or so, we just have to hope he doesn't feel (and hasn't been) stitched up.

I don't think he's being Ashley's mouthpiece, I just don't think he's going to come out and start fanning the flames. At a guess I'd say the board reiterated to him at the start of the window than any money spent that month will come off his pot for the summer (and if the reports are true that we're no longer buying players with no sell on value) - hence "I'll only bring in players who can make the step-up". I think by the end of the window when we failed to bring in a single player he was probably pretty pissed off. At the very least I seriously doubt that this was his idea and that had he actually had full control we would have bought.

Based on what though? There's absolutely nothing to suggest he'll go either way in the summer, spunking shit loads or giving Rafa nothing to work with.

Just a feeling based on 10 years and 2 relegations.

Guest neesy111

Manager should always have control on the type of signings and have final say on the players we sign.  Board should manage the finances and tell the manager what he has available and what he would need to do in terms of moving players on to create funds to sign extra bodies.

I despise the role Carr has had at this club and I still think his role at the club is what got us relegated in the end.

According to True Faith he told them personally before the window opened that he wanted a CM and a winger. He's been let down badly, like. f***ing not on. :rolleyes:

Guardiola probably wants s proper defence anarl. Let down badly.

It's hardly the Man City boards fault that he spunked £50m on John Stones and £16m on a goalkeeper with no hands like.

According to True Faith he told them personally before the window opened that he wanted a CM and a winger. He's been let down badly, like. f***ing not on. :rolleyes:

Guardiola probably wants s proper defence anarl. Let down badly.

It's hardly the Man City boards fault that he spunked £50m on John Stones and £16m on a goalkeeper with no hands like.

:lol: