Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

According to True Faith he told them personally before the window opened that he wanted a CM and a winger. He's been let down badly, like. f***ing not on. :rolleyes:

Guardiola probably wants s proper defence anarl. Let down badly.

It's hardly the Man City boards fault that he spunked £50m on John Stones and £16m on a goalkeeper with no hands like.

Similarly a say Reading fan would look at us and consider us hysterical dweebs for claiming Rafa 'hasn't been backed'.

Didn't the announcement say he had control of all footballing matters? That doesn't mean he will set budgets etc.

Plus everyone's assuming that we fucked up getting townsend. If Palace want to keep a player they've got under contract I'd say we have't got any control over that. Plus who could we buy that would be as good as Shelvey that could make the step up to the Premier League next year at a sensible price who would be prepared to drop to the Championship?

Mountains out of molehills and I've always been a massive sceptic of Mike Ashley

According to True Faith he told them personally before the window opened that he wanted a CM and a winger. He's been let down badly, like. f***ing not on. :rolleyes:

It's hardly the Man City boards fault that he spunked £50m on John Stones and £16m on a goalkeeper with no hands like.

Similarly a say Reading fan would look at us and consider us hysterical dweebs for claiming Rafa 'hasn't been backed'.

I'd be interested to compare Rafa Benitez net spend to Jaap Stams mind.

Guest firetotheworks

So am I to take it from that that you think Rafa has been adequately backed, then?

So am I to take it from that that you think Rafa has been adequately backed, then?

For the purposes of the Championship, I think so, yes.

We had this frenzy when we flogged Sissoko at the end of the last window from the same posters tbf.

No surprise the club has messed up this window, feels like a stunning return to form.

It's the 13th, not the 31st. Put that Knee back in place.

I'll put my foot up your arse if you like? Problem is you'd probably climax.

We havent signed anyone yet, its not even halfway through the window, yet we've "messed up". :lol:

There's no plan whatsoever (half arsed scattergun approach) and seems like the club thought they could ride their luck through to the end of the season. If you are happy with signing no one or some of the dross we've been linked with then fair enough, but I expected more.

Two weeks wasted of settling in players, as we've seen with lazaar if we buy anyone now they'll be making their debut in a few month, if at all.

It feels like the club of old, I doubt now we will sign anyone of note.

Fuckin ridiculous that like

Yet spot on. Clear to me from very early in the window what was going to happen.

Guest firetotheworks

We had this frenzy when we flogged Sissoko at the end of the last window from the same posters tbf.

Flogged him and didn't replace him, nor has he been replaced since. None of this would matter to me if Rafa hadn't come out and said what he wanted. We'll find out when we next see Rafa, but either way you'd be a fool to think there's nothing to be concerned about imo.

Guest neesy111

Didn't realize you were an ashley apologist.

Guest neesy111

Rafa wanted 2 players (this is pretty clear with the evidence available), he thought he was going to get them even yesterday lunch time.  He didn't get them, that's a failure by the club as clearly he was told we had a chance of getting them in.

Guest Howaythetoon

What gets me is if we really wanted Townsend back, why wait until the last few days of the window? This smacks of the same old way we operated prior to Rafa arriving and the failure (and that's what it is) to bring in the two players Rafa wanted is worrisome. MA and LC cannot be trusted. Again, I think Rafa will take us up and we will part ways. Rafa to someone more ambitious and us because we want a Pardew basically.

Guest Howaythetoon

And what if we didn't have a chance? What if they weren't available? Just go out and buy anyone??

Townsend was clearly available and I'm sure there are more than one player for the positions we could pursue. We had a whole month and god knows how many months before to scout and check availability etc.

Flogged him and didn't replace him, nor has he been replaced since. None of this would matter to me if Rafa hadn't come out and said what he wanted. We'll find out when we next see Rafa, but either way you'd be a fool to think there's nothing to be concerned about imo.

Was Diame not Sissoko's replacement?

And what if we didn't have a chance? What if they weren't available? Just go out and buy anyone??

Townsend was clearly available and I'm sure there are more than one player for the positions we could pursue. We had a whole month and god knows how many months before to scout a

nd check availability etc.

It might have been Rafa's decision.  He may have drawn up some targets and some wouldn't drop down leaving Townsend as the only option and they might have been asking for too much or he might not have wanted to come.  We know nothing everyone needs to chill out.

Rafa was confident about it happening this time yesterday. Clearly wasn't his decision.

:thup:.

Don't get this 'shitting the bed/bed wetting' craic in any way, shape or form. He's clearly been let down by that fat clusterfuck's involvement.

He's incapable of leaving well alone that fucking shithouse.

Everyone knows clubs and agents like to wait right until the last moment to maximise their income.

I suspect we had a plan to get Townsend and others at a correct and agreed price.

If at 4pm as alleged Palace suddenly asked for more money we were right to tell them to go and fuck themselves, as otherwise the same will happen every window. Show weakness and others will take advantage.

Our transfer business in 2016 was excellent, lets see what the situation is like this summer before panicking and pointing the finger.

Also we have a budget for playing personnel I.e their fees and salaries.

Rafa could easily have forgone on transfers for Sels, Gamez and Lazaar, whom he never plays and could have used it instead on central midfielders or another winger.

So we can't just absolve him if our team ultimately turns out to be too weak.

Rafa was confident about it happening this time yesterday. Clearly wasn't his decision.

Don't get this 'shitting the bed/bed wetting' craic in any way, shape or form. He's clearly been let down by that fat clusterfuck's involvement.

'Possibly' rather than clearly though right?

No mate. Clearly. He said yesterday that he expected two through the door.

Your constant blind optimism is fucking bewildering given the history of this regime.

:thup: no one knows what really happened we must not let ourselves lose our positivity just yet.