Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rafa was confident about it happening this time yesterday. Clearly wasn't his decision.

:thup:.

Don't get this 'shitting the bed/bed wetting' craic in any way, shape or form. He's clearly been let down by that fat clusterfuck's involvement.

He's incapable of leaving well alone that fucking shithouse.

'Possibly' rather than clearly though right?

No mate. Clearly. He said yesterday that he expected two through the door.

Your constant blind optimism is fucking bewildering given the history of this regime.

He said he was hopeful of two signings. Very different thing and all sorts of things could have happened

Rafa was confident about it happening this time yesterday. Clearly wasn't his decision.

Don't get this 'shitting the bed/bed wetting' craic in any way, shape or form. He's clearly been let down by that fat clusterfuck's involvement.

He's incapable of leaving well alone that f***ing shithouse.

Your constant blind optimism is f***ing bewildering given the history of this regime.

He said he was hopeful of two signings. Very different thing and all sorts of things could have happened

He didn't even say that. 'Confident of doing something' was what he said, word-for-word.

He's incapable of leaving well alone that fucking shithouse.

Your constant blind optimism is fucking bewildering given the history of this regime.

Yeah like the fat cunt scuppered the deals due to trying to save money/play the smartarse.

Given the history of NUFC under his reign, in particular around transfer dealings and their 'N'Zogbia/Michael Johnson esque' bullshit it's hardly a stretch to think they've let us down.

Townsend was clearly available, yet was on Palace's bench last night and even got some game time. Yup, clearly available.

I highly doubt we were still in for Townsend yesterday as would have impacted their match preparations. He was just being used by the media to drum up attention

More likely we bid for two players, off-radar. You never know, maybe bids were accepted and the players chose to stay put or move to a PL club.

Anything might have happened so no point in any of us getting in a negative spiral about things that may not be remotely true.

Everyone knows clubs and agents like to wait right until the last moment to maximise their income.

I suspect we had a plan to get Townsend and others at a correct and agreed price.

If at 4pm as alleged Palace suddenly asked for more money we were right to tell them to go and fuck themselves, as otherwise the same will happen every window. Show weakness and others will take advantage.

Our transfer business in 2016 was excellent, lets see what the situation is like this summer before panicking and pointing the finger.

Probably  exactly how it all was.

We didn't really need him that much. I was not arsed about him coming back. He didnt care that much anyways,players like Shelvey stuck around even when Rafa dropped him for weeks and isolated him a little. Shelvey had grounds to fuck off, even the fans were not keen and said he was lazy.

All i would have liked is a proper number 10 in this window.

But we still have the best players in most positions for this league.  Not worried really.

Chuck chancel in at defensive midfield like a new signing  :lol:

He's incapable of leaving well alone that f***ing shithouse.

Your constant blind optimism is f***ing bewildering given the history of this regime.

No it's not clearly like. Have to see how this pans out.

You might be right, you might be wrong. Our business in the summer will tell us the answer.

Anyone considered that Allardyce didn't want to lose Townsend?

Maybe Palace had a replacement lined up, which is why the deal was looking likely. They missed out on their replacement so became unwilling to sell.

Considering everyone else is speculating when in reality nobody knows what happened, thought I'd join in.

The truth is, I just don't KNOW what happened. We are all scarred from memories of the past and worried that previous transfer strategy is back with a vengeance. I'm not so sure.

I don't think it was ever the intention to spend big in this window, not unless our promotion push was severely under threat, which it isn't. I think we were very much in the "if the deals right", area, which is a dangerous place to be if Charney is doing the negotiations. He's a tight cunt and isn't going to spend anything he doesn't need to spend. I also think some of it has to do with WHEN they spend money. I'm no finance expert but they seem to have strict rules with the accounts. Probably something to do with wanting to be balance sheet champions again.

I suspect Rafa isn't particularly concerned that we haven't signed anyone, despite saying he wanted a couple of players (all managers want players). I'm sure he has every confidence on gaining promotion, especially with the ACON lads back and Gayle returning from injury soon.

I think Rafa will be content for now but if they are tight twats in the summer, we may have problems.

I aint sure to be honest.  It is commonly known that Ashley has promised to give Rafa total control over transfer last summer.  In my interpretation, it means Rafa is free to spend for an agreed amount of money to buy anyone he wants.  The likes of Hanley, Murphy and Diame clearly falls into this category as they literally has no resale value.  So this makes believe that Rafa did have the control.

So there are 2 possibilities

1.  The report earlier is correct that Ashley goes back to his words and getting involved again, i.e. taken away the control once promised to Rafa, assuming that there is still money left.

2.  The money agreed has been spent already and in this window Rafa is asking for additional money which is not agreed in last summer.  This additional amount of money, for sure, will not be available unless Ashley also agreed to spend.  I.e. the deal must be too good to turn down.

I hope it is 2.  We all know Ashley is too stubborn that it could be 1.  Only time will tell.

It looks ridiculous as an outsider.  It makes sense if you purely look it in financial perspective.  What if we spend all 3 windows money, which definitely has been calculated assuming we are promoted,during last summer and end up not getting promoted?

As a fan certainly we are shouting for investment for better chance for promotion.  As an owner you definitely would not make blind innvestment.  There is agency problem man.