Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why did we put all our eggs in 1 basket this transfer window.

I'm not sure we did, I think our only intention this window was to not spend a penny.

:lol: aye. Like every other window we've let go by, we never had any intention of signing anyone. When we want to sign people we don't seem to have much bother doing so, signings are made with very little media attention usually, and sometimes 5-6 on the belt.

This is about the 10th deadline day where we've 'bid' for someone only for it to fail.

We are literally just banking the rest of the season on Shelvey staying fit and not doing something stupid to get a long ban.

If that were to happen most managers would alter tactics to get more oit of other players.

Didn't really expect anything after what I was told yesterday but lived in hope more than anything else. A gentle reminder to everyone that the two-bob chancer is never ever going to change the way he operates.

That said, what's done is done and we should have more than enough to see this through.....time for the manager, the players and especially the fans to grow a pair and get on with it.

We are literally just banking the rest of the season on Shelvey staying fit and not doing something stupid to get a long ban.

If that were to happen most managers would alter tactics to get more oit of other players.

Didn't happen while Shelvey was out. :lol:

think it was finally dawning in rafa that playing the same system with colback or hayden in the shelvey role wasnt working. if we went back i'm sure he'd play it differently with the benefit of hindsight. wont make that mistake again if shelvey gets injured.

Why did we put all our eggs in 1 basket this transfer window.

I'm not sure we did, I think our only intention this window was to not spend a penny.

:lol: aye. Like every other window we've let go by, we never had any intention of signing anyone. When we want to sign people we don't seem to have much bother doing so, signings are made with very little media attention usually, and sometimes 5-6 on the belt.

This is about the 10th deadline day where we've 'bid' for someone only for it to fail.

The conference calls revelation which emerged during Keegangate still hits a nerve (where Ashley would effectively sabotage & scupper a deal..... "Whats X club want?" "This amount" "Offer Y amount and stick to it, the bid will fail). Insert Ashley & Charnley into the current conversation bubble.

think it was finally dawning in rafa that playing the same system with colback or hayden in the shelvey role wasnt working. if we went back i'm sure he'd play it differently with the benefit of hindsight. wont make that mistake again if shelvey gets injured.

Don't hold your breath!

It's the fact we're back to penny pinching, saving every penny we can, taking a chance, crossing our fingers and hoping things will be ok. It's a step backwards in mentality, I thought we were past this, head in the sand, not listening and them thinking they know best that's the most disappointing thing.

Nothing's changed, the still see saving 2 million as being more important than cementing promotion. They're still fucking short sighted, arrogant, mean, stubborn pricks. It's so frustrating. Cunts.

There is still the possibility, should we win the league, that they are proven 100% correct on this occasion.

It's never the right decision to decide your manager is wrong though. It's the whole reason you employee one to make the best decisions for club success. Rafa knows he needed a couple of names to steady the promotion push and he's been let down. Sure he could still pull it off but he has to work even harder and put some of it down to riding luck which is a pathetic risk to take when we don't need to. Townsend was there for the taking and would of been useful after promotion too. Madness not to swallow some pride and pay the loan fee.

I reckon Palace decided it was pay back time because they believed we shafted them by agreeing to let them talk to Pardew and then on top of that we shafted them again by selling Townsend to them so they decided they wanted to screw us financially as revenge for their own errors of judgement.  I reckon we have dodged a bullet judging by Townsends performances this season.

The first step to Benitez going, how many times have we heard/seen the club dismiss one window saying it's planning for the next one. If Rafa stays on till the summer, he certainly won't put up with what's likely to come.

This!

Lets see the Keegan story all over again....

Fucking Mike..

fuckin hell man, I`m always pissed off when we don't strengthen our squad but when you consider the squad, manager & infrastructure & current points total we currently have, we should be a shoe in for promotion really.

fuckin hell man, I`m always pissed off when we don't strengthen our squad but when you consider the squad, manager & infrastructure & current points total we currently have, we should be a shoe in for promotion really.

I have considered it, it looks mid championship+ JJ shelvey.

the other Issue is prem clubs strengthening while we hope for promotion and dont- so the chasm to overcome to stay up if we get there just gets bigger.

if we win promotion without having spend silly money on expensive average Joe´s, we will be in a very good position for the summer window!

Enough average material in the squad already! Only worry is that Rafa wanted someone badly and was not backed. Do not believe that was the case.