Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I take it he's good?

When i last watched him yes, defensively solid, technically good, position-ally aware and a good passer.

He's basically a very poor mans Busquets, which for us is a good thing :lol: I haven't seen him play in a couple of years mind, so he might have fallen off a cliff but i doubt it.

Surely there's quite a big market below the '45-50 million for defenders' tier.

Sure, but you're looking at ~£20m for a standard British player these days, at least a PL level one. We'd be lucky to bring in 4 or 5 players at those prices this summer, therefore I suspect the bulk of our business will be done abroad again. Hopefully we can balance that out a bit better as Rafa gets things stabilised.

Dele Alli? It would seem some PL sides dont like to take a risk whereas others do. Everton also with Lookman. There are youths that can make an impact for minimal fees if sides dare take risks.

I bet Jacob Murphy could be picked up under or around 10m

He came off the back of a good spell at Coventry and then had a great season for Norwich in the Championship.

Ah I think that's a different thing sure, taking a risk you'll be able to get players for decent fees of course. I'd not be entirely against it as a strategy.

Be very, very disappointed if we don't go strongly for Ihenacho should he be available.

Me too. Available for £25m.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more noise about him since the season ended. When City were really struggling during their injury crisis he always seemed to produce a goal or two even off the bench. You would imagine there'd be a fair few Premier clubs in for him.

Be very, very disappointed if we don't go strongly for Ihenacho should he be available.

Me too. Available for £25m.

Which is exactly why we won't be interested.

We have a rumoured budget of 70-80m and need minimum 6 players.

We just don't have the budget to spending 25m on one player when we need to fill so many positions.

Plus I'm not particularly sure he's as good as people think anyway.

From the Mirror:

Newcastle and Burnley are battling it out to sign England under-20 World Cup winner Sheyi Ojo on loan.

Liverpool winger Ojo helped the Young Lions lift the nations first world title since 1966 this month in South Korea.

Ojo, 20, made just two Reds appearances last season having played 11 times the previous campaign following a successful loan spell at Wolves.

Ojo is facing a lack of first-team opportunities again next season and set to be loaned out to continue his development.

Newcastle and Burnley have both registered their interest in Ojo, who became English football’s most expensive 14 year-old when he joined Liverpool from MK Dons in 2011 for £2m.

Guest chopey

Chris Wood puts New Zealand 1 up at halftime. Expect some journalist to link him with a move here.

Just as I was reading this the ball crashed off Wood's toblerone head and he didn't have a clue where it went.