Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

8am Hope

9am A transfer link

10am A denial

11am Rafa is walking

12pm Rafa isn't walking and everyone needs to calm down

1pm Mass arguments rage over our plight

2pm Local editors check their papers sales and website clicks.

Guest neesy111

8am Hope

9am A transfer link

10am A denial

11am Rafa is walking

12pm Rafa isn't walking and everyone needs to calm down

1pm Mass arguments rage over our plight

2pm Local editors check their papers sales and website clicks.

4-5pm STM posts to say it's just posturing by newspapers and everything will be alright on the night.

FYP

Where is Odin's latest theory on why we don't have to worry and things are OK?

We've been waiting until the third kit was launched.

We've been waiting until Ashley's court case was finished.

We've been busy watching Wimbledon/Love Island/Good Morning Britain [delete as applicable].

Ahhh.... that's the shit. That will keep happy for a few days at least, thanks!

That article saying we're interested in Diego Rolan as well - it's like we're on a never ending cycle of the same transfer rumours. I swear his name keeps popping up in various transfer windows despite never being particularly prolific or eye-catching.

Guest reefatoon

Didn't SSN report we had a £10m total bid turned down a few days ago? f*** knows what's going on, don't f***ing care. I'm bored of it now.

We probably did. Charnley is just hoping Norwich had forgotten about it over the last week. He will try every Thursday with the same offer. You just never know.

Didn't SSN report we had a £10m total bid turned down a few days ago? f*** knows what's going on, don't f***ing care. I'm bored of it now.

Initial bid was £8m. £10m is still too low IMO.

Aye - won't be enough.

Aye - won't be enough.

with the numbers quoted in that article inc. what norwich supposedly want £12m down with £2m add ons gets it done imo

For goodness sake, it's like charnley got all his negotiating skills from visiting Swalwell car boot sale. Sees something marked at £16 and says "I'll give you £8 for it". Here's a thought, actually offer something at least close to the asking price if you're going to haggle like you would with a butcher or an ironmonger.

*The £16 I just made up, I haven't equated this to an actual value put on an actual player.

Wouldn't surprise me actually if these derisory bids are an attempt to unsettle the player to the point where he hands in a transfer request and forces Norwich's hand: Murphy's rumoured to be keen on the move at least. Certainly the sort of underhanded, stingy strategy that I can see the club pursuing.

Latest from Douglas. Derisory, probably insulting bid incoming:

State of play with Murphy

My understanding is that Newcastle remain in dialogue with Norwich over Jacob Murphy. They won’t go to the price Norwich want but - crucially - the Canaries also have to get players off the books to add under new boss Daniel Farke. The noises from those aware of the deal are that it could be a goer.

But at £16m? No chance.

Newcastle also have Adama Traore and Tom Lawrence, of Leicester, on their radar. United have spoken to people at Ipswich about the latter as they consider making an offer. Good player, too..

For goodness sake, it's like charnley got all his negotiating skills from visiting Swalwell car boot sale. Sees something marked at £16 and says "I'll give you £8 for it". Here's a thought, actually offer something at least close to the asking price if you're going to haggle like you would with a butcher or an ironmonger.

*The £16 I just made up, I haven't equated this to an actual value put on an actual player.

Phew! Thanks for clarification. I was about to go full-fewm at how we hadn't just snapped their hand off at £16. We're still a bit short of cover at centre mid; whoever it was would have done.