Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How is it bollocks if he's already played in that position to a high standard? I like how you just cast aside the international recognition he got for playing in that position. I'm sure you would have said the same for Eric Dier. It's not even out of position for him. He can play CB or CDM. Playing Mbemba out of position is starting him up front.

He'd certainly be better than Colback.

I agree, but c'mon. This is an awful argument for the case.  :lol:

How is it bollocks if he's already played in that position to a high standard? I like how you just cast aside the international recognition he got for playing in that position. I'm sure you would have said the same for Eric Dier. It's not even out of position for him. He can play CB or CDM. Playing Mbemba out of position is starting him up front.

He'd certainly be better than Colback.

I agree, but c'mon. This is an awful argument for the case.  :lol:

Well not really if Colback keeps starting/ getting game time over Mbemba.

Mbemba is awful under pressure, imagine the state of him in midfield getting pressed by the likes of City and Liverpool :lol: Rafa wouldn't even play him in the championship as a midfielder there's zero chance he will get a game there in the PL.

Having a good game against sides like Libya is hardly a reason we shouldn't be looking to buy a proper DM.

Not really, the difference is he plays there and has played well in that position for his country. A lot of people wouldn't have been sure about Dier at DM but look at him now... It's only worth a shot if we don't sign a DM and Hayden gets injured though.

We definitely need to strengthen in central midfield.  Hayden is still young and hasn't played PL football before, Shelvey might struggle at times with the pace and lack of space he'll get, Diame doesn't seem up to it and Colback is Colback.  A couple of decent additions there and get rid of Diame and Colback and we'd look a lot better.

Guest firetotheworks

[emoji38] It's the Coloccini and Yanga-Mbiwa game all over again.

Got a centre back who doesn't just belt it out of play every time he gets the ball? Why not play them at DM!

Aye. See also: suggesting that players play on the same side as their strongest foot.

Not really, the difference is he plays there and has played well in that position for his country. A lot of people wouldn't have been sure about Dier at DM but look at him now... It's only worth a shot if we don't sign a DM and Hayden gets injured though.

Alaba plays AM for Austria, doesn't mean he can do it at a high level and should for Bayern. The whole he plays there for his country stuff is meaningless.

Dier is the exception not the rule.

:lol: It's the Coloccini and Yanga-Mbiwa game all over again.

Got a centre back who doesn't just belt it out of play every time he gets the ball? Why not play them at DM!

See also: Dummett, Paul (CB)

:lol: I genuinely believe Dummett would be a capable centre back, based on the handful of games he had there.

Kevin "Played there once when there was nobody else availalble so now he's a LB forever" Mbabu

:lol: I genuinely believe Dummett would be a capable centre back, based on the handful of games he had there.

Only game I really remember him at centre-back was Sunderland away where Fletcher beat him in the air for the goal and generally bullied him. Think it was the Debuchy 1-2.

The fact we are even talking about playing Mbemba in CM shows how short we are in that department. Has there been anybody else linked with us other than the long standing interest in McCarthy?

No one else find it a bit weird that we've been even quieter on the outgoings front, considering how cash conscious we've seemingly become again? It's not like we don't have any saleable assets.

I'm sure we're working on shipping a fair few bodies out, and that's delaying any potential purchases. I guess nobody wants to pay what we want. Shocking really, given we shipped them out on loan at the first possible opportunity. Almost as if that didn't turn them all into £20m assets.

Guest chopey

I'm still convinced a lot of our dealings in or out will be done in the last few days leading up to transfer deadline day with Ashley taking full advantage of desperate buyers and sellers and if we miss out then so be it.

I'm sure that's what he'll attempt to do, aye. But it's just a myth that he's some highly effective businessman owner capable of outsmarting everyone else. He's just a shit smug owner with far too high an opinion of himself. He's shit at everything he touches with regards to NUFC, and he's a fat cunt too.

One possible problem with outgoings may be that they're on wages that far exceed their ability.  The clubs who would be at a suitable level for them either can't or won't get close to what they're on here.

One possible problem with outgoings may be that they're on wages that far exceed their ability.  The clubs who would be at a suitable level for them either can't or won't get close to what they're on here.

that's absolutely the case, pretty sure we subsidised most of the loan deals last summer.