Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ok so CM, GK, Striker all in the exact same priority.

Would you not go LB over striker? I think Gayle will do better up front than Dummett at left back.

Good question Nut, my take is we're betting a ton on Gayle to do the business as our lead man in the step-up to the PL (currently) and keep fit. If he's out we're left with Mitro, Murphy and Perez. So my hope would be to add a good striker in as we'll need goals no matter what.

While I'd rather we sign a LB who could help on both ends of the pitch, Dummett as a pure defender isn't the worst thing in the world. I'd love if someone came in who could push to be the starter there but I'd much rather we sign a Striker over a LB at this point.

CM please. I like Shelvey and Hayden but I'd feel uneasy about them two being the only competition for that position.

Get the strangest feeling that you're forgetting someone here  :lol:

I think Saivet will be shipped out.

Would be nice to sign a bigger name CM to then have options to pair with Hayden or Shelvey (f*** Colback).

Well, my list also neglects the #10 role which I think is massively important...shit.

Wonder if Barkley could be the #10 /CM. Might be the one we are stockpiling the cash for. Can only think of Spurs being interested who finished above Everton but they've Lamella coming back to fitness so can't see them wanting both.

Not a hint of a link mind but think he might be a good fit at NUFC.

Wonder if Barkley could be the #10 /CM. Might be the one we are stockpiling the cash for. Can only think of Spurs being interested who finished above Everton but they've Lamella coming back to fitness so can't see them wanting both.

How much do you reckon he would cost? £30m or more?

Guest chopey

I think we'll have to find someone to take one of our LB before we buy one. Likely Dummett will start and play the whole season.

Midfield and striker, two £20m players please.

That's it and we are done unless a few more leave and we need a couple of replacement backups

Everton want 50m.

Guest neesy111

Barkley would be daft to leave Everton for us.

Everton want 50m.

Last year of his contract... Good luck with that. Can see him signing a pre contract for some foreign team in January and sold back to a premiership team a week later for less than half that.

The next utterly tiresome transfer 'saga' awaits.

Sissoko will go to Napoli on loan and Barkley will go to Spurs on the last day. SSN and the Twitter journos rinse every last second out of the story in the meantime.

Why is everyone saying we now need a no.10, is Murphy not that or is he more of a winger?

He's a winger, it's not a now we need thing anyway. It's been an obvious need since Cabaye and Ben Arfa left.

I mean Diame played the majority of games there ffs.