Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

:lol: It’s cringe to question why Ben Arfa would be someones favourite player?

I’m with Madras on this, dont think any of my group of friends who sit in silence and agree if I suggested he was my all time favourite player.

All time ffs :lol: Even non-NUFC players like Messi, Ronaldo, Buffon  are below Ben Arfa as someone’s favourite player?

Maybe he only watches NUFC and no other football, who knows or cares, if hes his favourite then hes his favourite.

:lol: It’s cringe to question why Ben Arfa would be someones favourite player?

I’m with Madras on this, dont think any of my group of friends who sit in silence and agree if I suggested he was my all time favourite player.

All time ffs :lol: Even non-NUFC players like Messi, Ronaldo, Buffon  are below Ben Arfa as someone’s favourite player?

Favourite, not best. Know the difference?

Aye, there’s a lot more likeable players than Ben Arfa, which is my point.

Who’s got you up your arse more times than HBA? Watching us atm makes me love the cunt even more

Create a new thread, players people can and can't consider to be their favourite player.  Wait for all the mental cunts to go in and lock them in there.

Again, if we have a conversation like adults - nobody is saying Ben Arfa CANT be your favourite, they are just intrigued and questionning why.

Rubbish, the original comment that started this was a outright claim that Ben Arfa isn't good enough to be a favourite player.

Everyone has different tastes. Along with Beardsley, one of my all-time favourite players was Matt Le-Tissier and he was a thorn in our side throughout the 1990's :lol:

Questioning someone's reasoning for who their favourite player is is quite ridiculous lads. Ben Arfa for what it's worth is absolutely worthy of being in that conversation by the way. Not only is he the best player we've had since the Bobby Robson era, but he's the closest thing we've had to a Beardsley, Ginola, Robert, or even a Gascoigne. He was exciting to watch, and thankfully his style of play meant that he went against the grain of what kind of football a dire cunt like Pardew wanted us to play.

Create a new thread, players people can and can't consider to be their favourite player.  Wait for all the mental cunts to go in and lock them in there.

Again, if we have a conversation like adults - nobody is saying Ben Arfa CANT be your favourite, they are just intrigued and questionning why.

Rubbish, the original comment that started this was a outright claim that Ben Arfa isn't good enough to be a favourite player.

Didn’t say that he’s not allowed to have him as a favourite player - just stated, in his opinion, that he doesn’t think Ben Arfa is good enough to be held that highly.

A forum is a place for opinions, people are allowed them and people are allowed to question them.

Everyone has different tastes. Along with Beardsley, one of my all-time favourite players was Matt Le-Tissier and he was a thorn in our side throughout the 1990's :lol:

Questioning someone's reasoning for who their favourite player is is quite ridiculous lads. Ben Arfa for what it's worth is absolutely worthy of being in that conversation by the way. Not only is he the best player we've had since the Bobby Robson era, but he's the closest thing we've had to a Beardsley, Ginola, Robert, or even a Gascoigne. He was exciting to watch, and thankfully his style of play meant that he went against the grain of what kind of football a dire c*** like Pardew wanted us to play.

Amen. Conversation closed.

Didn’t say that he’s not allowed to have him as a favourite player - just stated, in his opinion, that he doesn’t think Ben Arfa is good enough to be held that highly.

A forum is a place for opinions, people are allowed them and people are allowed to question them.

Its a pointless discussion, instead of giving an opinion on someone elses opinion just give a opinion on the subject.  As in "Ok, My favourite player is X" not "Wow, no way is he good enough for you to like him that much" its fucking weird man.

Its a pointless discussion, instead of giving an opinion on someone elses opinion just give a opinion on the subject.  As in "Ok, My favourite player is X" not "Wow, no way is he good enough for you to like him that much" its fucking weird man.

Probably. It’s also probably weird to get so upset over someone casting an opinion over someone’s opinion.

Agree to disagree.

Guest firetotheworks

Mad that more than just that one idiot can't differentiate between favourite and best, like. You can have a favourite without it meaning you think they're GOAT ye nah. :lol: Fucking hell.

I'd have Ben Arfa, Beardsley, Ginola all ahead of Shearer in terms of having a favourite, it doesn't mean I think they're better than Shearer because that would obviously be fucking mental. They're just the sort of players I enjoy watching.

Mad that more than just that one idiot can't differentiate between favourite and best, like. You can have a favourite without it meaning you think they're GOAT ye nah. :lol: Fucking hell.

The type of person who will agree with it is by default the type of person that will carry on arguing no matter how you spell it out.

I'd have Ben Arfa, Beardsley, Ginola all ahead of Shearer in terms of having a favourite, it doesn't mean I think they're better than Shearer because that would obviously be fucking mental. They're just the sort of players I enjoy watching.

John Beresford, Barry Venison, Rob Lee.  None were the best but they're still some of my favourite players.

It's not necessarily about ability.

Guest Howaythetoon

Ben Arfa is a fave former player of mine because he was exceptionally talented, produced moments of sheer magic and joy and was in the main so good to watch. In the list of all-time faves, he'd rank quite high to be honest. Not because he was a great player for us or achieved so much, but because of how much I enjoyed watching him play. He's my kind of player. Fuck tracking back, getting stuck in and working hard. Ben Arfa on form and on the ball created sheer magic. Blackburn in the FA Cup and Bolton at home for example.

Guest Howaythetoon

Nobby for me

Oh aye, a sublime player with tremendous productivity from goals to assists. Lovely fella to boot. What a steal he was. He'd be worth a fortune today.

Ben Arfa is a fave former player of mine because he was exceptionally talented, produced moments of sheer magic and joy and was in the main so good to watch. In the list of all-time faves, he'd rank quite high to be honest. Not because he was a great player for us or achieved so much, but because of how much I enjoyed watching him play. He's my kind of player. Fuck tracking back, getting stuck in and working hard. Ben Arfa on form and on the ball created sheer magic. Blackburn in the FA Cup and Bolton at home for example.

That's it. Favourite players are an opinion, so it's hard to criticise someone else for it - my reason for Ben Arfa is because he made football enjoyable and I was always excited to see him play. Not saying he was robbed of a Ballon d'Or or owt, just I enjoyed him.