Group E - Italy (Q), Belgium (Q), Ireland (Q), Swe - ITA 0-1 IRL | SWE 0-1 BEL

Wullie

Played Italy at exactly the right time - already qualified, felt they were invincible and thought they could sleep walk their way to another win.  Stupid wiggy manager. 🤔 Not sure if natural hair or polyester?

Or they just played their B team and understandably couldn't care less whether they win or lose. Conte should have played full strength team too? ???

I've no problem with head to head over GD, but fuck this third place shite. If Albania knew their three points and poor GD wouldn't be enough, they'd have kept attacking like Turkey did. Well and truly shafted.

I've no problem with head to head over GD, but f*** this third place s****. If Albania knew their three points and poor GD wouldn't be enough, they'd have kept attacking like Turkey did. Well and truly shafted.

Sorry, but head to head is idiotic.

Ridiculous format where Italy literally had nothing to play for whatsoever.

Same in old format though right? Win opening 2 games, if there's a draw in the other game you are through top? Or was it based on GD?

I just mean Italy's next opponents were known before the game kicked off. They win the group and play a second placed team no matter what.

I've no problem with head to head over GD, but f*** this third place s****. If Albania knew their three points and poor GD wouldn't be enough, they'd have kept attacking like Turkey did. Well and truly shafted.

Disagree, better if there's one really bad team in the group that it doesn't come down to whoever smashed them the most. H2H is better for small groups, even though there is a chance that some games become meaningless. Over a full season GD is better though.

Disagree, better if there's one really bad team in the group that it doesn't come down to whoever smashed them the most. H2H is better for small groups, even though there is a chance that some games become meaningless. Over a full season GD is better though.

I can't agree with that. I think smashing the minnow the most promotes offensive football. Football entertainment is all about scoring goals and conceding the least hence GD being the best imo. But let's just agree to disagree here :lol:

I can't agree with that. I think smashing the minnow the most promotes offensive football. Football entertainment is all about scoring goals and conceding the least hence GD being the best imo. But let's just agree to disagree here :lol:

Aye, well neither is correct, all a matter of opinion this. All that matters is that we never have another competition where fucking three out of four gets out of the group, and group ABC have a massive disadvantage not knowing what will be needed to qualify.

Aye, well neither is correct, all a matter of opinion this. All that matters is that we never have another competition where f***ing three out of four gets out of the group, and group ABC have a massive disadvantage not knowing what will be needed to qualify.

:thup: