Group E - Italy (Q), Belgium (Q), Ireland (Q), Swe - ITA 0-1 IRL | SWE 0-1 BEL

Wullie

Taking off Hoolahan ended our chances of winning the game. Abysmal decision

Yep, ridiculous sub. Don't think we looked like going on to win anyway.

Bit bittersweet that game, we looked great but think we bottled it a bit once we got in front.

Plenty to be positive about though.

Thought we were just starting to get back on top before Hoolahan got taken off, then we had to rely on long ball from then on. Don't understand what people see in McClean. Very little quality and has rarely done much for Ireland

So obvious Sweden would play like this, no creativity at all and players hiding. Such a negative set-up and only show urgency when they go down first. Don't expect anything from this team and don't even see a reason for them to advance as I would rather see teams that plays attractive football go to the next rounds.

So obvious Sweden would play like this, no creativity at all and players hiding. Such a negative set-up and only show urgency when they go down first. Don't expect anything from this team and don't even see a reason for them to advance as I would rather see teams that plays attractive football go to the next rounds.

No teams play attractive football anymore. The negative football trend in international football is saddening.

No teams play attractive football anymore. The negative football trend in international football is saddening.

England were fairly attractive. Woy a shining beacon of positivity.

All the good teams play attractive football

They don't. Do you remember just a few years ago compared to now? Think Germany, Spain, Argentina, Chile and so forth. It's all possession based bullshit now. Boring. Smaller sides trying their luck are the things making it entertaining these days.

They don't. Do you remember just a few years ago compared to now? Think Germany, Spain, Argentina, Chile and so forth. It's all possession based bullshit now. Boring. Smaller sides trying their luck are the things making it entertaining these days.

"Attractive" football is subjective so fair enough if you don't think so but Kroos and Modric especially yesterday were just a joy to watch IMO

Massive lack of pace and movement in that Sweden side. They only really had Olsson who loooked like he could create something, was like watching us when we'd just rely on Janmaat bombing forward from right back :lol: