Group F - Hungary (Q), Iceland (Q), Port (Q), Aus - Hun 3-3 Por | Ice 2-1 Aus

Wullie

Cristiano Ronaldo: "Iceland only tried to defend... they had two chances and then did not try to score."

More Ronaldo: "They celebrated like they had won the Euro cup or something. That's a small mentality. That's why they'll do nothing."

So butthurt

Cristiano Ronaldo: "Iceland only tried to defend... they had two chances and then did not try to score."

More Ronaldo: "They celebrated like they had won the Euro cup or something. That's a small mentality. That's why they'll do nothing."

So butthurt

Ronny, mate, you don't play for Germany.

So butthurt

Source?

..or isnt there one and everyone just jumps on it anyway? :lol:

Time for a reality check for Cristiano Ronaldo.

He is without a doubt the most overrated player in the history of football.

It is made out like he is some sort of legend, but a legend is capable of achieving great things in a poor team.

He can not lift Portugal to greatness. He is not a legend.

It is made out like he is some sort of legend, but a legend is capable of achieving great things in a poor team.

The fuck you talking about man.

He was the best player in the world followed by comfortably the 2nd best player in the world for like a decade.

Why would Fugazi have lied about that? :lol:

Well I assume(d) he got the quotes from twitter as they're copy pasted.

A search on twitter and you only find one person running with said quotes, some guy from the daily mirror. Like fuck do I believe that.

On portuguese TV he said this quote "It was a little bit frustrating, we tried hard to win the game, Iceland didn't try anything. They scored a goal, they created two chances in the ninety minutes and otherwise they got every player behind the ball"

but not the small mentality shite or whatever, that he's claimed to have said.

Of course people will jump right on the throat of the daily mirror usually but for some reason this is 100% accurate with no proof :lol:

You are absolutely right.

I feel a little bit sad that we portuguese are associated to Ronaldo's character. We are really not like that. We're quite the contrary, we tend to underestimate ourselves.

To me, Eusébio's performance and sportsmanship in the WC'66 (and in dozens of european games with Benfica) is still the highest point of portuguese football, even though we didn't win it. I remember the day when Eusébio died, Benfica received dozens and dozens of messages and gifts from english teams and older fans.

PS: sbnufc is right, Ronaldo did say nothing about small mentality.

Things like these define the most noble ones in character.

I trust you don't think Messi is a "legend" either then.  He can't even get a good team (Argentina) to a trophy, never mind shite like Portugal

I trust you don't think Messi is a "legend" either then.  He can't even get a good team (Argentina) to a trophy, never mind shite like Portugal

Portugal aren't shite. Messi's been better than Ronaldo in international tournaments. Portugal might be better if Ronaldo didn't take 18 shots a game from ridiculous angles

Portugal aren't shite. Messi's been better than Ronaldo in international tournaments. Portugal might be better if Ronaldo didn't take 18 shots a game from ridiculous angles

We played both them and Iceland before the Euro started. I know international friendlies aren't the best show of quality, but a Ronaldo and Nani less Portugal looked fucking amazing and ran us over whilst a fully topped Iceland got beaten by what was pretty much our B-Squad.

tl;dr Portugal suffers because they have Ronaldo.