Group F - Hungary (Q), Iceland (Q), Port (Q), Aus - Hun 3-3 Por | Ice 2-1 Aus

Wullie

http://i.imgur.com/neMyhpc.png

Ronaldo should really have had a hat-trick but missed all 3 (tough volley over shoulder in the first half, header in the first half & header in the 2nd). Nani missed a couple of great chances too

http://i.imgur.com/neMyhpc.png

Ronaldo should really have had a hat-trick but missed all 3 (tough volley over shoulder in the first half, header in the first half & header in the 2nd). Nani missed a couple of great chances too

Yes but if Ronaldo had score how could he smile ironically at the horizon?

I actually thought Portugal played some really nice stuff, just couldn't put it away.

I thought so as well. I've seen Iceland play a lot better against big teams than they did yesterday e.g against Holland home and away and Turkey. The midfield got ripped apart time and time again and were ultimately saved with last ditch defending from either the two centre backs or the GK. Normally Iceland does a better job of defending higher up the pitch and maintains the ball better. Usually we don't have to rely on siege defending like yesterday which resulted in probably the most stressful game I've ever seen. Nonetheless a great result and a huge boost for the next two games.

I still maintain that a Portugal without Ronaldo and Nani = A team that could actually do things.

Not when those replacements are a mixture of Eder, Helder Postiga, Hugo Almeida, Quaresma, etc. Portugal remind me a bit of 2014 England in that the players are either too old or too young.

I still maintain that a Portugal without Ronaldo and Nani = A team that could actually do things.

Not when those replacements are a mixture of Eder, Helder Postiga, Hugo Almeida, Quaresma, etc. Portugal remind me a bit of 2014 England in that the players are either too old or too young.

Watched a Ronaldo and Nani-less Portugal run riot over Norway before the Euros started. They're clearly hindered by the two as they're "bigger" than the team.

:lol:  Aye, Wales would be better off without Bale and all.

But Bale isn't massively greedy to the detriment of his team, Ronaldo is at times. He took ten shots yesterday nearly all of them in poor positions and only one on target. About four of those were free kicks where he could have got the ball in the box instead

Bale is the anti Ronaldo on the international stage. So not a good example at all.

You can tell Ronaldo can barely be bothered to celebrate, had yesterday's goal happened in a Real match he would have been walking back to the half way line. He's the captain though, which he probably demands to be mainly for image purposes, so he went into the group celebration but he was grumpy as fuck.

Anyone could run riot over Norway

Our B-team run riot over Iceland five days after Portugal raped us. It's a decent comparison due to that fact.

It's not just this one match where they have looked a lot better without Ronaldo either. Wales need Bale, because Bale is a team player. He heightens the ability of mediocre players around him, Ronaldo doesn't.

Our B-team run riot over Iceland five days after Portugal raped us. It's a decent comparison due to that fact.

Iceland were playing their B team too in that game. In fact only 3 Iceland players that started that match started yesterday

Iceland were playing their B team too in that game. In fact only 3 Iceland players that started that match started yesterday

How does that in any way change my point, though? Given that Portugal, in that sense, also played their B-side since Ronaldo and Nani weren't part of the squad at the time? Look at all the other matches Portugal have played without both, or just without Ronaldo. It's an entirely different, effective, team that plays for eachother and not just for one guy.