Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

5 hours ago, andyman said:

@Heron Can't praise you guys enough. Thank you!

Thank you! It cannot be done without people separating with their hard earned and putting faith in us! :thup:

2 hours ago, Minhosa said:

My favourite one yet I think @Heron - thank you for all you guys do...

Youre welcome. As per my previous post, thank to you guys who donate. :thup:

I mean, if Bruno was on the fence with this timed release clause, I think you've tipped the balance today. That's probably the biggest compliment I can give, for any display. 

Edited by Dokko

3 minutes ago, Dokko said:

I mean, if Bruno was on the fence with this timed release clause, I think you've tipped the balance today. That's probably the biggest compliment I can give, for any display. 

Definitely! 🖤🤍

Well done again to all involved at Wor Flags and to the Swedish Mags for helping out. Absolutely brilliant display once again this afternoon.

Love everything wor flags do but can’t help but wish they’d stop making me nearly cry at the start of multiple matches. Not even sure why but can’t help but feel emotional at so many of their displays.

Well it seemed to have the desired effect (and not for the first time it has to be said). Bruno scores a goal and his reaction to it said it all!

I'm not saying it'll be the defining reason as to whether he stays or moves on but surely him, and his family, would be looking at that and thinking he's never going to get that kind of love and adulation at PSG or Real Madrid and I think for someone like Bruno something like that will carry a lot of weight.

5 minutes ago, SteV said:

IMG_0745.thumb.jpeg.fd09390822d6cb230f9abc3637ffdc52.jpeg

Worth every penny. Your contribution to the match day atmosphere and in uniting us as a club and fan base is something else. Thank you all 🖤🤍👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

A bit late but it would have been Jackie Milburn's 100th birthday tomorrow. 

Was working in town on the day he was buried. Everyone was given extra hour to see memorial at the Cathedral. Seems a lifetime ago yet he could of still been alive to this day

I know the fan funded crack but what would the big deal be if the club helped fund it?

Seen the fume from the mackems when the owners helped with the cup flags but I don't get why.

6 minutes ago, Slim said:

I know the fan funded crack but what would the big deal be if the club helped fund it?

Seen the fume from the mackems when the owners helped with the cup flags but I don't get why.

It would just be the daft notion from other fans that it’s all “fake” I think they’ve done it fan funded for long enough where it possibly could transition into donations from the club.

40 minutes ago, frankpingel said:

Wouldn't that,ultimately,lead to the club wanting some input? Loses it's credibility and emotional pull for me.

Don't see why they would.  They have input at the moment about what's allowed in the ground.

Sure they have rejected designs before (but I could be misremembering that)

We want to remain fan funded as much as possible because we are independent from the club.

Whilst we work with the club and collaboratively on most displays, we don't want them to define what we say and do. The message and display has to be organic and pure. Whether that is a heartfelt message or an ode to an old strip, it is Newcastle United. The fans, are Newcastle United. They are a business operating in the football industry under the guise of Newcastle United.

This isn't necessarily the feeling of Wor Flags but that of my own.

Too much 'club' involvement leads to too much corporate vibes, and trust me when I say we've kicked back on a similar amount that the club have suggested as they have to us.

My personal view is that the players connect to it more because of that level of separation, and hopefully knowing that if they do the right thing for us as players, we will back them wholeheartedly.

Edited by Heron

8 hours ago, Slim said:

Don't see why they would.  They have input at the moment about what's allowed in the ground.

Sure they have rejected designs before (but I could be misremembering that)

I remember the mackems rejected their group’s original idea of Sportswashing in Sports Direct font.