The Last 16 - Qualified - Pol, Wal, Por, Fra, Ger, Bel, Ita, Ice

With Conte at the helm, they can beat anyone. His tactics have been excellent and the experience and belief they have at the end of matches to see matches out is brilliant.

Been reading up on Iceland now. They have some amazing things in place for developing their youngsters, even the coaches for 4 year olds need to have at least a UEFA Pro B license :lol: All kids play for free, parents don't need to pay a participation fee. Parents not allowed to say anything to the coaches or they're not allowed to come to the matches :lol: Kids get divided into how good they are from they are four years old.

We need to adopt this model. This seems like some good shit.

Been reading up on Iceland now. They have some amazing things in place for developing their youngsters, even the coaches for 4 year olds need to have at least a UEFA Pro B license :lol: All kids play for free, parents don't need to pay a participation fee. Parents not allowed to say anything to the coaches or they're not allowed to come to the matches :lol: Kids get divided into how good they are from they are four years old.

You watched that youtube doc too that was posted here a few days ago?

They stole their 'football house' ideas from Norway and then supersized and went wild with it. It's no coincidence. Fair play to them.

You watched that youtube doc too that was posted here a few days ago?

Nah, an article in a Norwegian newspaper. Was linked to an article with the headline "Miracles exist" :lol:

Rooney had his worst game in years. So many mistakes. Whoever says he was one of our best players tonight is either pissed, on the wind up, or just a bit of a knob jockey.

With Froggy you generally get all three reasons.

Didn't say tonight...

Rooney had his worst game in years. So many mistakes. Whoever says he was one of our best players tonight is either pissed, on the wind up, or just a bit of a knob jockey.

Didn't say tonight...

So in 4 games, where he played well in 1, OK in 1 and poor in 2, he was one of the better players? Christ.

Decent watch like, proper lovable chaps.

Great watch, shows what can be done with great facilities and highly trained coaches. We will never have anything like that in this country though.

Guest firetotheworks

We could well do with having an attitude more compatible to our status in this country which is, in most things, distinctly average. Maybe then we'll put the work in instead of being cocky counts who think we're something. Tops off a wicked weekend this. England is s***.

See, I really don't think that's the case at all like. I'm not sure where this idea that we think we're mint comes from because I don't and I don't know anyone that does.

Course we do, man. People are always going on in this country how great whatever is. Football and beyond. When they're either consistently wearing rose tinted specs or just outright deluded. So fucking insular, man. We deserve to be in the s***, we put ourselves there.

I can't say I've encountered that on here, irl or at work or among friends tbh. Everyone I know knows that we're shit. Obviously most thought we would beat Iceland, but that's hardly arrogance.

We could well do with having an attitude more compatible to our status in this country which is, in most things, distinctly average. Maybe then we'll put the work in instead of being cocky counts who think we're something. Tops off a wicked weekend this. England is s***.

See, I really don't think that's the case at all like. I'm not sure where this idea that we think we're mint comes from because I don't and I don't know anyone that does.

Course we do, man. People are always going on in this country how great whatever is. Football and beyond. When they're either consistently wearing rose tinted specs or just outright deluded. So fucking insular, man. We deserve to be in the s***, we put ourselves there.

I can't say I've encountered that on here, irl or at work or among friends tbh. Everyone I know knows that we're shit. Obviously most thought we would beat Iceland, but that's hardly arrogance.

We're probably one of the most miserable, self-deprecating nations on earth. We could do with a lot more arrogance tbf.

We have no backbone to the side and pretty much never have, our last 2 squads are just based around the sides who nearly won the league at the time and had a few English players. Absolutely nobody of any heart and desire in the dressing room either, just look at Joe Hart trying to send out a warcry in comparison to Buffon, its fucking embarrassing.

We look at players like Rooney as talismen but he's a boring little cunt who keeps pinging the ball 20 yards too long.

Roy's done absolutely nothing during his time here.

Didn't say tonight...

So in 4 games, where he played well in 1, OK in 1 and poor in 2, he was one of the better players? Christ.

Exactly. That's how fucking pathetic England were.

Guest firetotheworks

Didn't say tonight...

Exactly. That's how fucking pathetic England were.

If Froggy died and he was replaced by a bot, this would be high up in the accuracy stakes. A series of posts that both incorporate blindly defending Rooney after yet another shit performance and criticising a team that has nothing to do with him on their own forum.

Just noticed Germany and Italy in the next round :sweetjesus:

Thought Italy was class today, although i wasn't massively surprised considering that they match up well with Spain in recent years other than the one that really mattered and obviously their organisation is fantastic.

Genuinely think they'd be favourites to win the thing if Marchisio and Verratti were fit and do think at some point their lack of individual quality bites them in the arse even if it doesn't against Germany.

Not really seen Germany though but i imagine they are not much worse than they were at the WC.