Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

If Mitrovic wants the shirt he'll get it, eventually. Rafa's played a blinder in basically preventing him from having it without it coming across like his decision. It'll serve as an excellent motivational tool instead of a weight on his back. He didn't respond well to pressure last season and it's obviously something for him to grow into.

Mitro was and still is far more worthy of the shirt than Gayle. It would have been the making of him.

Neither of them are really "worthy" of it based on anything they've done for us or in his career in Gayle's case, not that I think it really matters

Still think he will score north of 15 this season.  He is struggling to lead the line at the moment but at lot of it has to do with the general dysfunction of the team, he should have scored that early chance.  Suprised at his pen like he is normally lethal when I've seen him take them in the past but at least he put the rebound in. 

His pen definately smacked of someone low on confidence, far too early to write him off as s***.

Still think he will score north of 15 this season.  He is struggling to lead the line at the moment but at lot of it has to do with the general dysfunction of the team, he should have scored that early chance.  Suprised at his pen like he is normally lethal when I've seen him take them in the past but at least he put the rebound in. 

His pen definately smacked of someone low on confidence, far too early to write him off as s***.

its the crowd pressure man  :lol:

He's not a number 9. End of story, he might be able to play off a number 9 but he was a waste of space today.

Has Messi ever been given the no 9 shirt? I'm just trying to figure out what it takes to be a no 9 and how that will fix our shit football in the other two thirds of the pitch.

He's not a number 9. End of story, he might be able to play off a number 9 but he was a waste of space today.

Has Messi ever been given the no 9 shirt? I'm just trying to figure out what it takes to be a no 9 and how that will fix our shit football in the other two thirds of the pitch.

Number 9 iconic with NUFC Messi is irrelevant in this conversation imho ,Mitro everytime for me with what we have and what i have seen so far meh bloody average at best and a shit penalty but not writing him off no way he needs someone to feed off and have a midfield capable of learning his runs and more importantly him telling them sick there thats where i want it but see nothing from him so far bossing our front line .

Number 9 iconic with NUFC Messi is irrelevant in this conversation imho ,Mitro everytime for me with what we have and what i have seen so far meh bloody average at best and a shit penalty but not writing him off no way he needs someone to feed off and have a midfield capable of learning his runs and more importantly him telling them sick there thats where i want it but see nothing from him so far bossing our front line .

What I asked was how is giving a big lad the #9 shirt going to fix our shit football in the other two thirds of the pitch?

What I asked was how is giving a big lad the #9 shirt going to fix our shit football in the other two thirds of the pitch?

Shit all over the pitch at the minute Tron but in my eyes after 40 odd years and yes i know football has changed but Mitro fits the bill as i remember Supermac ,Withe,Reilly ,Varadi ,Mcghee ,Ferdinand ,Shearer to name but a few who had a presence about them so call me old fashioned 

Shit all over the pitch at the minute Tron but in my eyes after 40 odd years and yes i know football has changed but Mitro fits the bill as i remember Supermac ,Withe,Reilly ,Varadi ,Mcghee ,Ferdinand ,Shearer to name but a few who had a presence about them so call me old fashioned 

Rafa did well enough with Torres at Liverpool and he wasn't a big no 9. No idea about Gayle at the moment, but there's no way a striker can score goals without service, and he's had nothing in the two games played so far. Mitro might do well when he comes back, but he won't do anything if we can't get the ball into him in the penalty area.

Rafa did well enough with Torres at Liverpool and he wasn't a big no 9. No idea about Gayle at the moment, but there's no way a striker can score goals without service, and he's had nothing in the two games played so far. Mitro might do well when he comes back, but he won't do anything if we can't get the ball into him in the penalty area.

Very true and Shelvey Ritchie look capable and obvs still need flair in midfield

Always thought he was decent, but needs to be coming off the bench at most, hardly seen anything from him to suggest otherwise so far

Not the first time I've seen this line, of people saying they always thought he was good. I'm not sure where that comes from, a few sub goals for Palace ? Before he went there tbh, I had zero idea who he was. Was stunned we paid 10 million for him based on the limited amount I had seen and the fact that he couldn't get in a Crystal Palace team.

First couple of games and he looks exactly like I feared he was, like you say he's an impact sub, he's a player you put on later in the game when the players are tired and the game is stretched, utilize his pace. I don't think it's any coincidence that's when he's looked good.