Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

:anguish: Never ever a number 9 player. Oh well.

He's as close to one as we've got.

Ugly, little, speedy player. Not a fit for me. Not to say he's not a good player, or not going to score goals. Should have 10 or something, like Bellamy.

That notion of a number 9 being big, powerful and fairly static is gone, man. Mainly because that type of player rarely works in English football now.

What type of players that in general might not work in English football anymore is another matter really. Mitrovic has every potential to, and is a typical nr. 9 so should therefore get that number. It's not a huge deal like, but in general I like specific type of players with specific numbers.

Mitro and Gayle decided between themselves based on what Rafa has said so regardless now, Mitro has to be OK with it.

Hope they both do a Lovenkrands / Carroll and smash the Championship to pieces. Perez, Gayle, Mitro to do the same as Nolan, Loven, and Carroll and that would be best for all of us.

Llorente to Sociedad and Arnautovic to Everton. You're not much better yourself.

I said Austrian media were reporting Arnautovic going to Everton, which was a fact :lol: I'll give you Llorente, read it on Sky Sports transfer centre and should have referenced it.

I haven't posted tweets from nobodies though in proper threads and being gullible enough to believe them when they're obviously false :lol:

Just thought Id point out Mitro ha 9 Premier League goals in 34 apps and Gayle has 15 PL goals in 63 over 3 seasons. Mitro also bagged 36 goals in 2 the seasons in the Belgian league prior to joining us.

What on earth is your point!? :lol:

I'll just say it again, Rafa said on the BBC interview yesterday that Mitro and Gayle both wanted it, Rafa was thinking of doing a competition between them, but then at the end both players decided amongst themselves.

Llorente to Sociedad and Arnautovic to Everton. You're not much better yourself.

I said Austrian media were reporting Arnautovic going to Everton, which was a fact :lol: I'll give you Llorente, read it on Sky Sports transfer centre and should have referenced it.

I haven't posted tweets from nobodies though in proper threads and being gullible enough to believe them when they're obviously false :lol:

So much sexual tension between yous two.

I'll just say it again, Rafa said on the BBC interview yesterday that Mitro and Gayle both wanted it, Rafa was thinking of doing a competition between them, but then at the end both players decided amongst themselves.

:thup:

Just thought Id point out Mitro ha 9 Premier League goals in 34 apps and Gayle has 15 PL goals in 63 over 3 seasons. Mitro also bagged 36 goals in 2 the seasons in the Belgian league prior to joining us.

People were saying Gayle deserved it because he has a better goalscoring record, which is false.

Guest palnese

Okay. Now you can carry on policing the football forum. :thup:

:anguish: Never ever a number 9 player. Oh well.

He's as close to one as we've got.

How's that? Has the best goal scoring record or what?

If he stays fit he'll score more goals for us than anyone else this season imo.

Maybe, maybe not. Hasn't been the most prolific so far. Not exactly sure why people are expecting huge things from someone with a pretty average scoring record.

Just thought Id point out Mitro has 9 Premier League goals in 34 apps and Gayle has 15 PL goals in 63 over 3 seasons. Mitro also bagged 36 goals in 2 the seasons in the Belgian league prior to joining us.

It was people who claimed Mitro hadnt earned the number 9

Gayle hasnt scored more than 7 league goals in a season since he was in the conference.. but I do hope he smashes them in this season.

Couldn't care less what number he wears as long as he scores for fun.

I, for one, actually feel rage at Mitro not getting the 9. It feels so good to care about stupid trivial things like this about my club once again. Rafa :smitten:

It was people who claimed Mitro hadnt earned the number 9

Yeah sorry fella, I must've missed the preceding discussion :thup:

Couldn't care less what number he wears as long as he scores for fun.

I, for one, actually feel rage at Mitro not getting the 9. It feels so good to care about stupid trivial things like this about my club once again. Rafa :smitten:

Wish someone would take '0', just to watch the ensuing forum meltdown.

I'm looking forward to watching Gayle. He always looked handy when he came on for Palace.

I still don't trust Mitrovic to stay on the field for 90 minutes. Hopefully Rafa will coach out that nasty side of his game, but I'm not confident.