Dwight Gayle (now playing for Derby County)

astraguy

How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Dwight Gayle's contract extension?

• Delighted
    • Happy
    • Mixed emotions
    • Unhappy
    • The club is a joke

If that was Joelinton missing those chances he would have been strung up on the millennium bridge.

Joelinton doesn't get into those positions

I had a lot of time for Gayle for that very reason, he is instinctively a goal scorer, but I don't think he's the player he was. Looks slower and not fully fit, and in truth, never does. I just don't have any faith in him any more, I think he's just winding down his career and picking up a nice wage.

Tron, I love your football knowledge, I really do.  I watched the full game and Gayle actually made those chances (that he missed).  Those chances haven't been happening all season for one simple reason, JOELINTON.  It is no coincidence that we looked so much better with a striker who knows what a striker is supposed to do.  This is Gayles' probably 3rd start of the season and it's March.  The Joelinton lovers have said give him more time.  All I ask is give Gayle more game time and we will be fine.  Keep Joelinton on the bench or at home (that's how I rate him as a striker).

If that was Joelinton missing those chances he would have been strung up on the millennium bridge.

I had a lot of time for Gayle for that very reason, he is instinctively a goal scorer, but I don't think he's the player he was. Looks slower and not fully fit, and in truth, never does. I just don't have any faith in him any more, I think he's just winding down his career and picking up a nice wage.

Tron, I love your football knowledge, I really do.  I watched the full game and Gayle actually made those chances (that he missed).  Those chances haven't been happening all season for one simple reason, JOELINTON.  It is no coincidence that we looked so much better with a striker who knows what a striker is supposed to do.  This is Gayles' probably 3rd start of the season and it's March.  The Joelinton lovers have said give him more time.  All I ask is give Gayle more game time and we will be fine.  Keep Joelinton on the bench or at home (that's how I rate him as a striker).

Well I've been wanting someone else to share the striker burden with Joelinton all season, so I hope Gayle does get a run in the side. I think it will be good for Joelinton as much as anything else, but am not hopeful of Gayle being fit for a run of games. But he is a player I really liked when we signed him, so will be interested to see what he can bring to the table. I didn't see today's game so not really in a position to pass judgement.

I still think there's a player in Joelinton FWIW, just don't think he's ready yet for the Premier.

what a cock.

what a cock.

No need.

Weird the defence of Gayle like. People have been calling for him to play saying he’s a natural goalscorer, etc. We pick him and he shows anything but, but ‘at least he’s getting into the positions’. Was the same in the 17-18 season run-in and been the same as his few starts this season. Also, Joelinton might have more of a chance if he’s going to have Almiron closer to him and two wingers.

Weird the defence of Gayle like. People have been calling for him to play saying he’s a natural goalscorer, etc. We pick him and he shows anything but, but ‘at least he’s getting into the positions’. Was the same in the 17-18 season run-in and been the same as his few starts this season. Also, Joelinton might have more of a chance if he’s going to have Almiron closer to him and two wingers.

Yeah let's not forget that. Think both are true fwiw, Gayle clearly a more natural central striker in terms of his positioning but Joelinton has been hung out to dry the whole season up top all alone.

Aye and we did well in the 2017/18 run in, no?

I remember two home games in that run-in (Southampton & Huddersfield?) where he missed at least 4-5 chances like yesterday. It was the likes of Kenedy, Diame, even Slimani in a couple of the late wins that dragged us to safety. He scored 3 in 20 games in the run-in that season.

I remember two home games in that run-in (Southampton & Huddersfield?) where he missed at least 4-5 chances like yesterday. It was the likes of Kenedy, Diame, even Slimani in a couple of the late wins that dragged us to safety. He scored 3 in 20 games in the run-in that season.

Aye but the team as a whole played better when he was brought in,  just like yesterday. It doesn't matter who scores the goals as long as they're scored

And Gayle was playing against 10 men for an hour.

We were playing better and creating chances before the sending off

we created one chance before the sending off didn't we?  the triple save thing, southampton were the better team until the sending off (marginally)

There’s nothing to suggest we wouldn’t have if Joelinton had played there though? Now we look safe we’d be better off giving someone who may turn out better with more support now than persist with someone who we know isn’t Premier League level.

lascelles offside goal was after the sending off, only thing i can recall before the sending off was the triple save

it's semantics anyway, they created fuck all completely agree but i thought they looked a better outfit than us which is fairly standard

they'd have beat us without the red, no doubt in my mind