Isaac Hayden: on loan at QPR

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, sugoinufc said:

I could see him doing a job this spring. Hard working player ala Longstaff.

Save the money and maybe buy a striker and / or a RW.

You been supping back on grandpa's old cough medicine?

3 minutes ago, sugoinufc said:

Looks like he’s regressed quite a bit with injuries and whatnot since leaving us.

Didn’t really cut it at Norwich, and now seems to struggle to play 90 mins in a massively inferior league.

Not ideal - just saying if we cant find a long term solutions for CM / DM i would rather spend elsewhere.

If Anderson and Willock comes back soon maybe its ok with fewer matches like last spring...

9 minutes ago, sugoinufc said:

What the actual fuck is this take? I get that everyone's allowed an opinion, but you're surely taking the piss with this?

Not sure what is form is like?

But if the money isn´t big and the long time solution isn´t available i wouldn´t mind him warming the bench this spring.

Its much more important what we find a forward since we only have one available at the time. Also upgrade Miggy and Murphy is more important. 

Dont think we can find 3 quality players this window. Thats why i say wait buying a new central midfielder as it is not top priority imo...

10 minutes ago, sugoinufc said:

Not sure what is form is like?

But if the money isn´t big and the long time solution isn´t available i wouldn´t mind him warming the bench this spring.

Its much more important what we find a forward since we only have one available at the time. Also upgrade Miggy and Murphy is more important. 

Dont think we can find 3 quality players this window. Thats why i say wait buying a new central midfielder as it is not top priority imo...

He looked terrible at Norwich. He's now being sent back from Belgium because he's not been good enough. I think that's as much as you need to know.

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

He looked terrible at Norwich. He's now being sent back from Belgium because he's not been good enough. I think that's as much as you need to know.

Bottom half of the Belgian League too it's not as if it's the title and European competing version of Standard Liege. 

agree but if we need to buy CM and money isnt i would rather spend elsewhere. If our injures players comes back soon a new CM will not get game time anyway unless you bring in proper quality.

And i just do not think is a position we need to strength. Spend the january budget on a striker and a RW if possible...please

No reason to bring him back.

He's not playing particularly well over there which isn't a good sign considering the Belgian league is well known for being nothing more than an average standard liege. 

38 minutes ago, TBG said:

No reason to bring him back.

He's not playing particularly well over there which isn't a good sign considering the Belgian league is well known for being nothing more than an average standard liege. 

Ok fine I admit I chuckled 

2 hours ago, sugoinufc said:

I liked Hayden but it looks like injuries have ruined him.

The main thing he brought was his hustling of the opposition and that was dependent on his relatively good mobility, speed and fitness. The injuries have done those for him at a top level hence why he's not got a kick at Norwich and now Liege.  If he comes back from loan unless he goes out on another loan or is sold he'll be training with the reserves the rest of the season.

If we're lucky a Championship struggler like Huddersfield will take him on and pay some of his wages.

Edited by Geordie_once_removed

3 hours ago, sugoinufc said:

rather him then Henderson.

Anyway - point is - if players are returning from injuries then we should not spend our money on a CM imo.

That's absolutely nothing to do with Hayden though, surely? Sure, if Willock, Anderson and Joelinton suddenly all get fit for the rest of the season, we certainly don't need an extra body.