Isaac Hayden: on loan at QPR

13 minutes ago, jack j said:

While we're down to the bare bones in midfield?

They might as well just sell up back to Ashley at this rate. Pure selling club for all to see.

14 minutes ago, toontownman said:

We kept Joe White ahead of giving Hayden a squad spot. We shall see if he gets any minutes.

That probably says everything about where Hayden is now. Might have been caused by injuries but he brings nothing to the table 

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Almost an end of an era when his contract expires in the summer together with Hendrick. Only Fraser to go summer 25.

Hayden still has 2 years left on his contract, ends in summer 2026

9 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Hayden still has 2 years left on his contract, ends in summer 2026

:anguish: uuuurgh, I read wrong on transfermarkt and looked at the expiration date with QPR

2 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Let that one sink in :lol:

What was the thought process? He's adequate and if he's on a long term deal we won't have to pay transfer fees to replace?

I think I recall someone mentioning that was the mindset. What a dumb fucking move.

1 minute ago, McDog said:

What was the thought process? He's adequate and if he's on a long term deal we won't have to pay transfer fees to replace?

I think I recall someone mentioning that was the mindset. What a dumb fucking move.

Page 84 for when the contract was signed. Most of us seemed happy enough with him signing it to keep him here, but a fair few questioned the length of it. Got to remember just how fucking awful our CM options were at the time as well mind.

We've come a long way from having Hayden and Shelvey starting for us in CM, and the only money we've spent on that position that's been available for us was Bruno. 

On 17/08/2020 at 15:06, Optimistic Nut said:

Sums up the Ashley era since promotion though. Along with the likes of Ritchie, Shelvey & Gayle, he served his purpose and we should have upgraded at least 2 years ago. Instead they’re still key players which is scary.

That was 3.5 years ago and he's still on the books (along with Ritchie). :lol:

21 hours ago, toontownman said:

We kept Joe White ahead of giving Hayden a squad spot. We shall see if he gets any minutes.

I'd we lose another central midfielder then he needs to, I'd be a bit pissed if we still see Ritchie jogging onto the pitch ahead of him.

16 hours ago, Nucasol said:

We going to pay him up at the end of the season or have another season where we park him on loan like Hendrick?

He's still got two years left at the end of this season[emoji38]

6 hours ago, Beth said:

He's still got two years left at the end of this season[emoji38]

That’s revolting. He’ll be lucky to be League 1 standard by that point. Never want to see a 6 year contract again.