Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I love how after 13 years of mediocrity we're all of a sudden above celebrating a runners-up spot and promotion to which we've had no given right to achieve.

Most of those 13 years were in the Premier like. A place I think a club like Newcastle belongs so we shouldn't be in this division in the first place, never mind celebrating coming second.

I love how after 13 years of mediocrity we're all of a sudden above celebrating a runners-up spot and promotion to which we've had no given right to achieve.

I've got no problem with us celebrating promotion, receiving a trophy is way OTT.

he I hope thought of a 2nd place trophy presentation spurs the players on to win the last 4 games to give us a chance of avoiding it.

Hope we don't avoid it the other possible way...

It won't be so bad if it's just a case of giving us the trophy, as long as there isn't confetti and fireworks etc. :lol:

Errr...

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-lift-trophy-final-12900539

But even if United miss out on winning the league, the EFL have confirmed that they will be presented with a smaller trophy on the final day – and all the members of the squad will be handed runners-up medals for their efforts in the promotion campaign. That means a plinth, silver trophy and FIREWORKS - just as United had in 2010, when Kevin Nolan and company lifted the trophy. Back then runners-up West Brom were awarded a shield, but the trophy is relatively new. Norwich were the first team to lift it in 2011.

We had no right to be relegated. Only chronic mismanagement has done that. Celebrating a return to the top flight is vindication of Ashley's poor running of the club.

If people want to celebrate it, they're welcome to. But it's how it feels to you. To me getting promoted feels largely empty to me, a job done, nothing more.

Guest neesy111

:thup:

For me it's just the first step into getting the club back to where we should be which will be challenging in the top 7/8 in the league and challenging for trophies.

Hang on, this place has been saying all season its some kind of miracle Rafa has us in this position to begin with, but its not to be celebrated should he somehow manage to get us over the line.

:lol:

It's well worth hanging around for  5 mins to show appreciation for the efforts of players and manager during a ball breakingly tough season. To allow​ that to be derailed by some sense of footballing snobbery seems churlish.

It's well worth hanging around for  5 mins to show appreciation for the efforts of players and manager during a ball breakingly tough season. To allow​ that to be derailed by some sense of footballing snobbery seems churlish.

This. we've done well to get promoted if we do go up, so what if we get a stupid tin pot to show that, the players and manager deserve a good send off before the summer.

Guest neesy111

Appreciating the efforts of the players and staff is completely different to celebrating 2nd place with a ridiculous trophy.

Appreciating the efforts of the players and staff is completely different to celebrating 2nd place with a ridiculous trophy.

Of course. There are people saying that they'll be off at the final whistle if we get the trinket. I'm suggesting we might ignore it and give the players and manager some appreciation.  Seems simple enough to me

I'll be staying after the final whistle against Barnsley and appreciating the manager and players for the first season I've relatively enjoyed in yonks. The trophy is too far though. Should just get one of those banners that says 'We're going up' on and just gan radge with that instead of a trophy and fireworks.

Hang on, this place has been saying all season its some kind of miracle Rafa has us in this position to begin with, but its not to be celebrated should he somehow manage to get us over the line.

:lol:

Not with a trophy, no. :lol:

I'll be staying after the final whistle against Barnsley and appreciating the manager and players for the first season I've relatively enjoyed in yonks. The trophy is too far though. Should just get one of those banners that says 'We're going up' on and just gan radge with that instead of a trophy and fireworks.

Couldn't agree more! Just take the bits you want.

It'll be a requirement of the EFL to have one of their silly podiums and trophy presentations.

In reality, it'll be lifted to a small cheer and the players will do a quick lap of the pitch to generous applause and then go in. We're not going to start spraying each other with champagne and partying all night with the trophy like :lol:

:thup:

For me it's just the first step into getting the club back to where we should be which will be challenging in the top 7/8 in the league and challenging for trophies.

Amen!

Do Brighton go up tomorrow with just a win or do they need Huddersfield to lose too?

They need Huddersfield to lose, if they both win then Huddersfield would have to make up a massive goals difference deficit winning every game and Brighton to lose every game for Huddersfield to finish higher than them.