Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Norwich could very well be 16!! points behind us after saturdays games  :iamatwat: Not that i see them as a big threat or anything, but still :lol:

I think the last month or two has really hurt Norwich's chances, I think really they are just being found out, they are not that good and were a little fortuante early in the season to be where they were. Against us they rode their luck remarkably well, they should never have been 3-1 up in that game.

The real threats I see are Brighton, Reading, Brum and Villa. Brighton have been very consistent and have a bit of quality to them, along with a manager who's done this thing before. Reading got off to a sluggish start but have started to turn that form around and put in some impressive performances of late, Staam looks to have something about him at least in the short term. Brum have been under the radar a little bit and we've not played them so hard to judge if they are a threat or not, but they have been quietly getting some good results. Villa since Bruce has come in have been in good form, look like a tough team to beat right now.

Having said all, I firmly believe we have the best squad and manager in the division, if we play to our ability for the remainder of the season then we have nothing to fear from anyone.

If I was a betting man right now, I would predict Newcastle, Reading as auto. Brighton to face Villa in the playoff final with Bruce's history, Villa probably sneak it.

More stats, cos I love them, if we only win our home games (15 left) and lose every one of our away days  then we would finish up on 85 points, quite likely enough to win automatic, certainly enough to make the playoffs. Winning half the remaining games, is the bear minimal we will achieve, and on current form that's extremely pessimistic.

True! I just want us to pull away as much as possible as early as possible, from everyone. Makes me love watching the table even more :lol:

We could be in for some more exciting football if we get something like a 10pt lead at the top. Rafa might loosen up and go with two up top or play with two wingers and say "let's see some entertainment boys".

Wishful thinking really, he'll probably just carry on grinding every team into the dust mechanically and efficiently like the terminator.

Guest firetotheworks

http://www.jimusnr.com/te16.jpg

That's the championship once we've finished with them.

No, that's the future in Terminator.

[emoji38] :thup: Up with this sort of thing.

Still 1 point more than we had at this stage in 09/10 according to Mark Douglas.

Down for a 9.9 to a 9.8 now.

Not sure why anyone is bothered about how close Brighton are to us, whether we win the league or come 2nd the end result is still the same. The only gap that interests me is the one to 3rd and we're still 6 points ahead.

This rating system is out of hand.

Back down to an 8 from 9, bad week, 2 losses against very poor teams. We need to pick up again, use the injustice of tonight's match as an incentive to push us forward. Next three games vital in our season imo. Win them all and I'll be back up to a 9.