Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

sitting at a 7 for me. Concerned at the lack of dominance in games from us and the nature of the defeats ( 6 of them more than fulham and villa and the same as Derby and Reading). Im still hopeful but lose any more than 10 games and i think the chasing pack could reel us in

Brighton may draw a few but i don't expect them to lose 10 games all season having only lost 2 so far so if we lose 10 or more you can forget the title

sitting at a 7 for me. Concerned at the lack of dominance in games from us and the nature of the defeats ( 6 of them more than fulham and villa and the same as Derby and Reading). Im still hopeful but lose any more than 10 games and i think the chasing pack could reel us in

Brighton may draw a few but i don't expect them to lose 10 games all season having only lost 2 so far so if we lose 10 or more you can forget the title

Fuck the title

Guest neesy111

Aye. The fact we've lost 6 just shows we have a lot of room for improvement. The fact that despite this we're only 2 points from the top is ludicrous tbh :lol:

Good job it's 3 points for a win then.  We'd be far lower under the old 2 points system.,

Aye. The fact we've lost 6 just shows we have a lot of room for improvement. The fact that despite this we're only 2 points from the top is ludicrous tbh :lol:

Good job it's 3 points for a win then.  We'd be far lower under the old 2 points system.,

No we wouldn't we'd still be in 2nd place

Not sure what it's got to do with anything either

Guest neesy111

No we wouldn't we'd still be in 2nd place

Not sure what it's got to do with anything either

You're right, but the play off pack would be far closer.

Well, the 3 points system was intended to encourage teams to win more games.  We've won the most games so it's benefited us in this instance.

We've won the most games in the division so I don't think there's any system that wouldn't have benefitted us :lol:

All leagues are going to be tighter if there was only 2 points on offer for a win and not 3 points.  Sunderland would be closer to Chelsea if there was only 2 points for a win this season. It's simple maths

Guest neesy111

We've won the most games in the division so I don't think there's any system that wouldn't have benefitted us :lol:

All leagues are going to be tighter if there was only 2 points on offer for a win and not 3 points.  Sunderland would be closer to Chelsea if there was only 2 points for a win this season. It's simple maths

Fair enough.

Guest neesy111

Sorry my fault, had a bit of a brain fart.

The point I'd like to make is that if we are to continue to lose games at the rate we have, then we need to have a low amount of draws to keep us where we are in terms of points.

The point I'd like to make is that if we are to continue to lose games at the rate we have, then we need to have a low amount of draws to keep us where we are in terms of points.

So carry on as we are doing then really.

Guest neesy111

So carry on as we are doing then really.

That will get us promotion.  It's just if those wins start to turn to more draws then we will have concerns.

I know what Neesy means like, I've never seen a win to loss record like ours before over half a season :lol:

It's definitely not normal and therefore you can sort of assume that some of our wins and losses will turn to draws over the remainder of the season which will ultimately lead to less points on average due to the way the points system is. Our loss record shows that we really need to improve quite a lot, even though we're 2 points off top, it's weird :lol:

Guest neesy111

I know what Neesy means like, I've never seen a win to loss record like ours before over half a season :lol:

It's definitely not normal and therefore you can sort of assume that some of our wins and losses will turn to draws over the remainder of the season which will ultimately lead to less points on average due to the way the points system is. Our loss record shows that we really need to improve quite a lot, even though we're 2 points off top, it's weird :lol:

Hull had something like 16 losses when they went up in 2012/13.  More than a 3rd of their games that season, went up with 82 points or around that mark.