Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

:thup: Dummett is probably one of the best defenders in the league, but still, for Knockeart to get literally nothing out of him over 180 minutes. Hmm. Agree that we should probably aim higher. From this league, Foristieri has looked better to me but that's only over a couple of games so probably not a fair assessment.

I think Brighton are gonna bottle it (especially away from home). They also have 3 tough away games in their last 11, in Norwich, Leeds and Villa who all three of them probably will step up against one of the top sides in this division. There will be massive pressure on them now as well with Huddersfield breathing down there necks. Fuck, I'm so happy that we're not in their shoes atm :lol:

Avoid defeat tomorrow, get past a good away side in Fulham and win the 3 after and it'll be the Leeds game that'll see us up imo.

http://i.imgur.com/bLl3zvf.png

Would be delighted with 4 points from the next two games. Something that Rafa said around the time of the Sheff Wed/Blackburn game stuck in my mind..."we need to learn how to draw", them points against Bristol City and Norwich were huge, even if we did shoot ourselves in the foot big time, and as disappointing as the Bristol City  game was, I think the confidence we got from coming back was massive and probably led to the result at Brighton.

Avoid defeat tomorrow, get past a good away side in Fulham and win the 3 after and it'll be the Leeds game that'll see us up imo.

Would be delighted with 4 points from the next two games. Something that Rafa said around the time of the Sheff Wed/Blackburn game stuck in my mind..."we need to learn how to draw", them points against Bristol City and Norwich were huge, even if we did shoot ourselves in the foot big time, and as disappointing as the Bristol City  game was, I think the confidence we got from coming back was massive and probably led to the result at Brighton.

Agreed. A point gained in the end. If someone offered us 7 points before Bristol City, Brighton and Huddersfield we would have taken them in the order they were given. Mental that at half time against Bristol City, Huddersfield were 2 points behind us with a game in hand. Funny old game.

Agreed. A point gained in the end. If someone offered us 7 points before Bristol City, Brighton and Huddersfield we would have taken them in the order they were given. Mental that at half time against Bristol City, Huddersfield were 2 points behind us with a game in hand. Funny old game.

I don't think they had a game in hand on us at that point, we played Brighton a few days after while they had Man City in the FA cup which is where their game in hand came from.

It was still too close for comfort then though.

:thup: Dummett is probably one of the best defenders in the league, but still, for Knockeart to get literally nothing out of him over 180 minutes. Hmm. Agree that we should probably aim higher. From this league, Foristieri has looked better to me but that's only over a couple of games so probably not a fair assessment.

A shit assessment would probably be more accurate. Weird comparison too.

Apparently we are hanging on to top spot, according to SSN this morning...They are still getting themselves excited about Huddersfield.

Was spekaing to my forest supporting mate about this sort of thing, told him every game I hear on radio or TV the commentators are gagging for us to get beat because it makes for a better story, yet it's not often that the game is actually going that way.

Apparently we are hanging on to top spot, according to SSN this morning...They are still getting themselves excited about Huddersfield.

Was spekaing to my forest supporting mate about this sort of thing, told him every game I hear on radio or TV the commentators are gagging for us to get beat because it makes for a better story, yet it's not often that the game is actually going that way.

Yeah, its a bigger story for Huddersfield to be prompted against the usual recently relegated prem teams.

How about they just report whats happening instead of trying to put a slant on it.  Huddersfield will be prompted if they get enough points over the season.  :lol:

A shit assessment would probably be more accurate. Weird comparison too.

http://i.imgur.com/LGZwsLr.gif

When we do well it's not a story.

It is, its just boring.  No one apparently wants to hear about the team dominating the championship. It was the same last time, everyone seemed to have a massive budgie for Forrest as they hit a big run of form at the right time...We then beat them at home and they ended up not getting promoted.

It's not an easy league to get out of but the gulf in quality is massive and it must be difficult to bridge that gap hence the romanticism.

Aye true...I'd like Sheff Wed to be prompted if I'm honest.  They've had a torrid time in recent years and look like they have finally turned a corner.

It's not an easy league to get out of but the gulf in quality is massive and it must be difficult to bridge that gap hence the romanticism.

Aye true...I'd like Sheff Wed to be prompted if I'm honest.  They've had a torrid time in recent years and look like they have finally turned a corner.

Yeah. Kind of like the whole Owl thing n all and Sheffield is a class city to visit anyhow.

Yeah. Kind of like the whole Owl thing n all and Sheffield is a class city to visit anyhow.

I know a cracking Owl sanctuary.

Let's just hope they don't miss their cue.

Am I right in thinking we would lift the trophy on the final game of the season, not the first available home game? (IF we win it)

They were one and the same thing for us last time, so I'm not sure. But I thought it was the next home available game that they do it.