Newcastle United vs Huddersfield Town - 13/8/16 @ 3:00pm - No TV

HaydnNUFC

Gayle will get nowt this season without a big lump alongside him. Cliche-ariffic but that's the Championship for your. You saw it tonight in the reason why they won and the reason our striker didn't have a shot at goal.

Selz; Janmaat, Mbemba, Lascelles, Gamez; Hayden, Diame; Aarons, Perez, Ritchie; Gayle.

Would go with this as well but isn't Diame more of an attacking midfielder? If so, either swap him with Tiote or Perez out, put Diame there and put Tiote in DM with Hayden.

Tiote's away. It's absolutely imperative that Colback is removed from the starting lineup and we need some drive from CM; Diame needs to be there.

Gonna be interesting to see who from the squad is left out for the 2 new lads if they both come in. Sterry probably be 1 but the other one will be a bigger name

If it isn't Colback something is seriously wrong with Rafa.

Only reason Gayle was selected tbh. Not writing him off just want more a focal point up there.

Can see myself counting down the games until Mitro is fit.

You won't be counting very long - he's suspended ;)

Are they not opening up L7 for this match or is it already sold out? It's all unavailable on nufc.co.uk.

The family area in the L7 Milburn is sold out to ST holders I think.

Guest ElCid

Sels.

Janmaat Mbemba Lascelles Game

Shelvey Hayden

Sissoko Diame Ritchie

Gayle

This!!

Aarons was poor when he came on.

Agree with this team unless Sissoko is sold before then and/or we have new signings

We still need a DM for when we lose the ball and they get in behind our midfield, even crap players can look good if you give them space.

Do you trust either Shelvey or Diame to cover each other when we lose the ball?  Because I don't. It worked before because we had Carroll upfront who could hold the ball up, which limited the amount of counter attacks.

Plus what happened going on 7 years is completely irrelevant, maybe we can think about it when Mitrovic is back but until then it's necessary with this personnel.

The amount space between our midfield and defense would be asking "please score against us".

Guest ElCid

We still need a DM for when we lose the ball and they get in behind our midfield, even crap players can look good if you give them space.

Do you trust either Shelvey or Diame to cover each other when we lose the ball?  Because I don't. It worked before because we had Carroll upfront who could hold the ball up, which limited the amount of counter attacks.

Plus what happened going on 7 years is completely irrelevant, maybe we can think about it when Mitrovic is back but until then it's necessary with this personnel.

The amount space between our midfield and defense would be asking "please score against us".

You have Hayden for that role I would have thought. I would of said Tiote but he s obviously going before the transfer window ending and I don't think Rafa would play hime anyway.