Brendan Galloway joins new club - West Bromwich Albion

Dave

What if we're midtable in January because Mbabu isn't fit and Clark/Dummett have been terrible and we've blown our best bet for promotion because our left back has been rubbish?

For some reason this made me think of the quote Simon Pegg's character makes in Black Books.

"But imaging we’re all on a football team okay and the guy on the wings he’s wearing a crazy shirt. Nobody knows what team he’s on, can I pass to him? I don’t know. And look his sandal has come off on the muddy ground. DAMN IT we’ve lost five nil."

da70f1a380b6788b39e773fd71f249b2.jpg

I won't write off Dummett as being rubbish, he's not but he doesn't offer enough going forward.

I always think it's a sum of all parts situation though. You have a left forward.. the full back and then Jack Colback anchoring that forward area of the pitch... Dummett supports the forward.. Ritchie etc.. all they need is a clever pass but then Colback gets on the ball.. almost loses it and then hoofs it back.

This makes Dummett look like he's having a shit game... it's happened so often.

Now some players don't need that extra support of the clever ball.. they can force the issue themselves.. Dummett will never be that type of player.

But it doesn't make him a bad one.

I won't write off Dummett as being rubbish, he's not but he doesn't offer enough going forward.

I always think it's a sum of all parts situation though. You have a left forward.. the full back and then Jack Colback anchoring that forward area of the pitch... Dummett supports the forward.. Ritchie etc.. all they need is a clever pass but then Colback gets on the ball.. almost loses it and then hoofs it back.

This makes Dummett look like he's having a s*** game... it's happened so often.

Now some players don't need that extra support of the clever ball.. they can force the issue themselves.. Dummett will never be that type of player.

But it doesn't make him a bad one.

He's not as big a problem as Colback.

He's still a problem.

I thought he was a centre-back? It's probably been covered but why are people thinking he'll play on the left?

Because that's where he's played for Everton.

Ahh right, thanks. Have to admit I've only ever seen him play for MK Dons or England. Did he play well at left back for Everton then? Looked a natural centreback to me.

Well obviously he did, we wouldn't be interested in him otherwise.

Wouldn't pay attention to positions for young players really, most people constantly switch positions at a young age until they find one they are best at.

He played LB at Everton, had success there. (enough for us to want him) Really that's all we need to know.

I wasn't being serious earlier. I have been craving for a LB for God knows how many years. Lately most replies have been "We don't need one, Dummett will be fine in this division".

Get one in asap, Loan or not :thup:

You scared away Jetro!

You did mate, by sending him photos of you naked in black makeup and telling him lies that you were Kanji West.

I'm not your mate, but that's hilarious.

#deputydawg

You've got a wild imagination Ikon my man, :lol:

What if we're midtable in January because Mbabu isn't fit and Clark/Dummett have been terrible and we've blown our best bet for promotion because our left back has been rubbish?

For some reason this made me think of the quote Simon Pegg's character makes in Black Books.

"But imaging we’re all on a football team okay and the guy on the wings he’s wearing a crazy shirt. Nobody knows what team he’s on, can I pass to him? I don’t know. And look his sandal has come off on the muddy ground. DAMN IT we’ve lost five nil."

da70f1a380b6788b39e773fd71f249b2.jpg

Ha perfect, one of my favourite episodes....."Who is this rudderless hippy? How do I get away from him? Has he got a hunting knife strapped to his shin?"

So this deal dependent on Kone leaving the mackems. If they keep him now, the macktracking - currently standing at 'great business marra, he was solid but nowt special' - will be sending their heads spinning.

"Apparently, this Kone deal is causing the mags some minor issues with a loan signing"

mackems.jpg

Weird, I was just thinking about them celebrating because they have somehow impacted on us signing Galloway. ;D