Brendan Galloway joins new club - West Bromwich Albion

Dave

Can't believe what I'm reading :lol:

Mbabu is (despite what people say) a right footed centre back who played fullback last year after injuries. He struggles to keep himself and hasn't proven anything

Gamez is primarily a right back who can play left back, I can't imagine he's impressed too much with Dummett higher in the pecking order. I imagine he's cover Janmaat

Haidara is crocked, been injured for nearly a year with no update on his return date

Dummett is primarily a centre back and is a very poor left back

We definitely need a new left and there's nothing wrong with it being a loan

My thoughts exactly.

Nowt wrong with loan deals, we used the loan market well last time we went up and it seems like a lot of promoted teams do.

I'd rather see us sign a natural left back though. We've gone so long now using makeshift full backs, no left side threat and an unbalanced team which makes our attacks very predictable. By all accounts this lad is just another makeshift full back. I hope he can form an attacking partnership with whoever plays left wing this season, because we will need to break stubborn teams down and will need someone overlapping down either side.

I'd rather take a loan than sign someone not really good enough for the PL and then have them hanging around until their contract expires anyway.  Take the loan this season, get promoted and then next season we can attract a much higher quality player for that position.

I'd rather take a loan than sign someone not really good enough for the PL and then have them hanging around until their contract expires anyway.  Take the loan this season, get promoted and then next season we can attract a much higher quality player for that position.

Sound logic. Just worried this lad isn't the natural left back we've needed for ages. Hope I'm wrong.

Why is it silly or ridiculous if it was allowed that's the point I'm interested in if you see nothing wrong in it why stop at 3?

Because replacing 1-3 loan players who aren't returning next summer will be far easier and more realistic than replacing 11.

I thought he was a centre-back? It's probably been covered but why are people thinking he'll play on the left?

Because we have Mbemba, Lascelles, Clark and Hanley for the centre, with Dummett and Hayden at a stretch, while we have no natural left back besides Haidara who is out indefinitely.

Why is it silly or ridiculous if it was allowed that's the point I'm interested in if you see nothing wrong in it why stop at 3?

Because replacing 1-3 loan players who aren't returning next summer will be far easier and more realistic than replacing 11.

As if that even needed to be said :lol:

Because then there would be something wrong with it :lol:

:lol:

I'd love Galloway here from what I saw of him but I simply want us to buy him and say you are our LB for not just this season but beyond. Then move on who is not up to scratch.

I just don't agree with the win/win/win comment. More win than loose short term. Remy deal proved this as it simply prolonged the problem.

Stick with Mbabu with Clark/Dummett as back up to January and see how it goes until someone permanent becomes available if they don't cut it. And if they can't cut it in this division then they won't higher up so move them on.

Hope we don't sign Toni Kroos on loan, wouldn't want to upset Shelvey, Tiote, Anita and Colback.

and Ikon is def kidding because he's the reason Jetro Willems was scared away from signing for us.

Mbabu has played about 3 games for us man and isn't fit.

So what do we do until January if Dummett and Clark are terrible? Just continue to lose points because we're unwilling to loan anyone?

Galloway can help us get promoted. Win.

Galloway's performance can solidify our club's thought to upgrade the position long term. Win.

Galloway's performance can either force our hand and pay the price to get him in. Win.

Or we could say, thanks for helping us, we're going to sign someone better long term now that we're in the premier league again. Win.

Mbabu has played about 3 games for us man and isn't fit.

So what do we do until January if Dummett and Clark are terrible? Just continue to lose points because we're unwilling to loan anyone?

In the 2 of the 3 games I saw him he looked very good. The other comment is just a "what if". Let's play them and find out one way or another and then look at it in January.

Because then there would be something wrong with it :lol:

I'd love Galloway here from what I saw of him but I simply want us to buy him and say you are our LB for not just this season but beyond. Then move on who is not up to scratch.

I just don't agree with the win/win/win comment. More win than loose short term. Remy deal proved this as it simply prolonged the problem.

Stick with Mbabu with Clark/Dummett as back up to January and see how it goes until someone permanent becomes available if they don't cut it. And if they can't cut it in this division then they won't higher up so move them on.

Why risk it? If Mbabu, Clark and Dummett are good enough why is Rafa bringing in Galloway?

Every point is precious in this league, Lascelles made one poor mistake last game and we lost the game. We can't afford to play players out of position and say 'he will do'