Newcastle Utd 1 - 2 Huddersfield Town - 13/08/16 - Post-match reaction from p24

Kaizero

Teams have sussed us out already, we have to work out how to break teams down who sit back as it's going to happen every game. Need more pace and urgency, play direct instead of slowly playing out from the back.

Trying to take a miniscule amount of comfort in that statistically, we out played both Fulham and Huddersfield.

It isn't working though. I'm in such a bad mood with football right now. Glad games are coming thick and fast though. Rafa will surely will get this right eventually.

Trying to take a miniscule amount of comfort in that statistically, we out played both Fulham and Huddersfield.

It isn't working though. I'm in such a bad mood with football right now. Glad games are coming thick and fast though. Rafa will surely will get this right eventually.

We didnt outplay either though. Teams will now let us have possession in the knowledge we look unable to do anything useful with it.

I'm absolutely convinced we will get much much better and it will likely end in a strong promotion challenge.  We were the better side yesterday in the second half, things just aren't clicking.  The team is bedding in, players are adjusting and still getting used to what Rafa is trying to get us to do.  It's disconcerting that we have 0 points but it is what it is, games are coming thick and fast now which is a good thing.

The highlight of the match was spotting BrettNUFC near us and shouting "Brett!... Brett!" to no avail then to shout "Pardew!" for him to turn round instantly :lol:

The lowlight was meeting M4 and his (French) better half after the final whistle and turning into Joey Barton mid conversation :embarrassed:

What a disgusting anti-climax this was :lol:

Firstly, cracking effort from the Gallowgate Flags lot. The Gallowgate was fantastic.

Rafa is going to have to go against his natural desire to be pragmatic and set us up more attacking tbh, complete lack of closing down in their half and a pathetic amount of chances created.

Only Ritchie was a positive yesterday.

Don't want to gan all hysterical, but making Lascelles captain might have been a mistake if he continues on the form of the first couple of games.

Mbemba's defending for the second looked atrocious (haven't seen a replay).

Dummett shit scared of the ball as per. Painful to watch.

Shelvey is starting to irritate me massively. Hollywood passing without aim, pointing like a wanker and the fitness of a 50-a-day smoker.

Anita on the wing. Ha. He's shite in his actual position.

Diame, not a fucking clue where he was supposed to be playing.

Aarons actually tried to do the odd thing but was shit for the most part.

Gayle, not seeing much from him which is concerning. Desperately need Mitro back.

I'm absolutely convinced we will get much much better and it will likely end in a strong promotion challenge.  We were the better side yesterday in the second half, things just aren't clicking.  The team is bedding in, players are adjusting and still getting used to what Rafa is trying to get us to do.  It's disconcerting that we have 0 points but it is what it is, games are coming thick and fast now which is a good thing.

It won't if we don't sign a playmaker we are crying out for one there is just no link from midfield to attack

It won't if we don't sign a playmaker we are crying out for one there is just no link from midfield to attack

We need the ball to stick up top, mitrovic or someone like him will help us massively.

We need 2 wingers if Sissoko goes. Pointless having ten defenders and 1 proven winger. Signing only 1 winger still leaves us light. We were already lacking in these areas last season and have sold more than we've brought in.

I'm not convinced Galloway is the answer at left back either. We need a proper LB who can attack and not another makeshift.

Get 2 wingers, a striker and a proper left back and we may be able to batter some teams and make teams start fearing us. We can't do that without flair in the side. We're trying to win the league with no matchwinners in the team and an average, lop-sided squad.

We didnt outplay either though. Teams will now let us have possession in the knowledge we look unable to do anything useful with it.

Of course we didn't actually outplay them. What we did with the ball was toothless.

We need 2 wingers if Sissoko goes. Pointless having ten defenders and 1 proven winger. Signing only 1 winger still leaves us light. We were already lacking in these areas last season and have sold more than we've brought in.

I'm not convinced Galloway is the answer at left back either. We need a proper LB who can attack and not another makeshift.

Get 2 wingers, a striker and a proper left back and we may be able to batter some teams and make teams start fearing us. We can't do that without flair in the side. We're trying to win the league with no matchwinners in the team and an average, lop-sided squad.

simply this, have the job mate