Newcastle Utd 1 - 2 Huddersfield Town - 13/08/16 - Post-match reaction from p24

Kaizero

"We weren't expecting this kind of performance, we knew Huddersfield would be difficult to break down but we didn't play at the level we wanted to. We improved a lot in the second half but it's really disappointing.

"I've seen the team doing well in training but we have to show the same things in the match the quality the personality and the character. We've not seen that today.

“We made too many mistakes and we need to show that character and quality to improve things. The players on the pitch they were trying they are good players. The players can do much better but we didn't play at the level we were expecting. The only positive today was the fans, they were behind the players.”

We did not improve a lot in the second half like, not even close.

Guest neesy111

dont know why folk are knocking Shelvey, he was by far the only player with ANY quality on the pitch

Aarons, ya not a footballer

Dummett, just fuck off

Hayden, fuck knows what you are

Diame, first impressions ...slow

Anita, playing out of position, whatever it is.

Lascelles , captain? not convinced

this is not a team, they are a bunch of strangers, out muscled by a well drilled football team.

worrying that Rafa couldn't change a thing, i said last week we'd struggle for top 6 and got mullered on here, well......Rafa does not convince me im afraid.

next up Reading, lose this and i'd just pack the fuk in hoping .................SHOCKINGLY SH1TE  :whatdidido:

Shelvey was our worst midfielder 2nd half.

"We weren't expecting this kind of performance, we knew Huddersfield would be difficult to break down but we didn't play at the level we wanted to. We improved a lot in the second half but it's really disappointing.

"I've seen the team doing well in training but we have to show the same things in the match the quality the personality and the character. We've not seen that today.

“We made too many mistakes and we need to show that character and quality to improve things. The players on the pitch they were trying they are good players. The players can do much better but we didn't play at the level we were expecting. The only positive today was the fans, they were behind the players.”

From what I've been told the fans were angry and frustrated almost throughout, too.

From what I've been told the fans were angry and frustrated almost throughout, too.

Yeah but he's hardly going to slag the fans off :lol:

the initial excitement soon dissipated and it felt just like watching us last season. frustration and apathy more than anger when we realized we werent any better at home to mighty huddersfield than we were in the premiership.

Back in. First half was as poor as I've ever seen us play at St. James'. Apart from the Gayle chance in the first couple of minutes, we offered nowt. They hit the post with their first shot at goal. Lascelles mistake for the first. Second half much better, Ritchie being a massive difference. Got the goal although lucky. Our best move of the game probably being when Ritchie messed up that header. Mbemba mistake for their winner and that finished us. Worrying stuff.

The fact that we've lost 2 out of 2 already when last time we lost 4 out of 46 is the main worry for me. Last time we had a nucleus of Premier League players, Nolan, Enrique, Carroll, Coloccini et al. Ritchie aside, who in our current side are of that ilk?

Guest neesy111

The fans were crap, we always are when things aren't going well. Also thought it was strange the flags all went away at kick off.

That was the plan ffs at the the start.

I was there. They weren't.

The fans were crap, we always are when things aren't going well. Also thought it was strange the flags all went away at kick off.

That was the plan ffs at the the start.

Fair enough, just saying it seemed strange to see it.

we sit in the gallowgate and we had a flag. there was no way we could have continiued waving those things and watched the match at the same time. not easy pulling those buggers out from under the seats every time we had an attack.

You seem to be the only one saying it.

First half was just a waste of everyone's time. Should have all just collectively slept through it.

Worried about Lascelles amongst many other things. So many poor touches, missed controls, dodgy clearances... Our defence was split down the middle in the second half. The gulf in quality between the Mbemba/Janmaat and the Lascelles/Dummett duos is scary. The latter looks like they will struggle to survive even at this level.

I was there you weren't. Atmosphere was flat but no anger whatsoever. At full time there was about 5 seconds of booing and then muted applause for the team.

Players are bottle jobs basically is what Rafa said.  Can do it on the training ground but not on the pitch when it matters

If they are playing each other in training it'll be a piece of piss because 85% of them are wank.

I was there you weren't. Atmosphere was flat but no anger whatsoever. At full time there was about 5 seconds of booing and then muted applause for the team.

definitely some anger where we were, but it was mainly apathy, frustration and acceptance that we were shit.

They fans were very patient imo. Although I did see a couple of guys start chinning each other for some reason.

definitely some anger where we were, but it was mainly apathy, frustration and acceptance that we were s***.

Just resignation where I was. Didn't notice any anger at all aimed at the players. In fact they got off very lightly.

They fans were very patient imo. Although I did see a couple of guys start chinning each other for some reason.

:lol: