Newcastle Utd 1 - 2 Huddersfield Town - 13/08/16 - Post-match reaction from p24

Kaizero

Shelvey was diabolical.

he was our best player by a mile, he makes a few ricks and doesn't do what we thought he was about but was still our best player, he tried to create things.

to say he was diabolical shows me you know fuk all about football , im no big Shelvey fan but take him out of that team today and it would have been a bigger pile of sh1te than i watched. 

Shelvey was diabolical.

he was our best player by a mile, he makes a few ricks and doesn't do what we thought he was about but was still our best player, he tried to create things.

to say he was diabolical shows me you know fuk all about football , im no big Shelvey fan but take him out of that team today and it would have been a bigger pile of sh1te than i watched. 

Ignore him, knows nowt.

Lacked creativity - no balance - Everything was down right.  Need a winger, left back and a proven striker.

everything went down the right because on the left,  if you didn't notice , were Dummy and Anita making a complete fuk up of everything they touched  O0

"We weren't expecting this kind of performance, we knew Huddersfield would be difficult to break down but we didn't play at the level we wanted to. We improved a lot in the second half but it's really disappointing.

"I've seen the team doing well in training but we have to show the same things in the match the quality the personality and the character. We've not seen that today.

“We made too many mistakes and we need to show that character and quality to improve things. The players on the pitch they were trying they are good players. The players can do much better but we didn't play at the level we were expecting. The only positive today was the fans, they were behind the players.”

Scarily reminds me of McClaren reading that.

Guest neesy111

Shelvey was diabolical.

Ignore him, knows nowt.

Hahhahahahahhahahaha.

Your a complete loser.

Guest neesy111

Shelvey was diabolical.

He's a poor man's Nicky butt.  Hollywood balls or nothing.

Shelvey was diabolical.

Ignore him, knows nowt.

Hahhahahahahhahahaha.

Your a complete loser.

Oh dear.

Guest neesy111

Shelvey was diabolical.

Ignore him, knows nowt.

Hahhahahahahhahahaha.

Your a complete loser.

Oh dear.

Yea you are.

Lacked creativity - no balance - Everything was down right.  Need a winger, left back and a proven striker.

everything went down the right because on the left,  if you didn't notice , were Dummy and Anita making a complete fuk up of everything they touched  O0

Oh I noticed - if we don't address we don't stand a chance of promotion.  Goals win games and we don't look like scoring them - teams can sit back and hit us on the break.  We don't have enough to break teams down.

Guest neesy111

Dreading Wednesday now

... Is there a pun in there somewhere? I'm never too sure with you.

There's always a pun with joey involved.

Jesus fucking christ just got back from the game, what a load of shite

Making Lascellas captain is a big mistake, we need an experienced centre back next to Mbemba. We've spunked 10m on Hanley and Clark

We are going to struggle

Well, that was bloody horrendous. We had no threat whatsoever down the left but there was always loads of space. We desperately need a left back who's comfortable on the ball and another competent winger to share the burden with Ritchie. We're crying out for some presence up top and through the middle. There're too many players shirking responsibility and it needs to change on Wednesday. Otherwise it's gonna be an awful campaign. 

I was there today, a few points:

Rafa's got an absolutely massive rebuilding job on; way bigger than I assumed, tbh. We might be the big fish in a little pond in terms of attendances and recent history; but we've been a bad football team for years now; and it's so embedded in our DNA that it looks like it's going to take a season to shake it off. We look like a team that's used to losing.

I'm seriously concerned about Lascelles; even at this level. He's too slow; and he's not clever enough positionally to make up for it. We're going to have a lot of possession this season and teams are going to counter us, like they did today. You need quick defenders to counteract that; Lascelles today looked like latter day Colo without the positional awareness (much better in the air though, obvs). Gayle looks ok but his first touch is very inconsistent; Shelvey thinks about the long glamour pass first and the situation second. Dummet was just shit, approaching a player in possession completely square on and getting rinsed. Diame looks slow. We're massively missing a target man.

Fuck; that was depressing.

Forgot how slow Lascelles is. Thought Mbemba tried to drive us forward in the 2nd half but it was absolutely abysmal stuff from him for their 2nd goal and cost us the game.

He wasn't the reason we lost today but the ref was absolutely awful today again

Forgot how slow Lascelles is. Thought Mbemba tried to drive us forward in the 2nd half but it was absolutely abysmal stuff from him for their 2nd goal and cost us the game.

He wasn't the reason we lost today but the ref was absolutely awful today again

Mbemba loses it, but Lascelles should never allow their player to run off him like he did. He should be in total control of that situation, just drop off a yard or two if you need to, their player just ran around him. I played at centre half for years and I'm slow as fuck; you need to know your limitations.

Desperate for a left back who can get forward. Team is pretty easy to play against, I think when Mitrovic is back we'll better and I wouldn't be surprised if Gayle plays from the left. We're quite one paced though, nobody can carry the ball in the way Jonas did last time we were down.

We were very complacent today, as shown on their winner but also numerous passages of play where there were simple miscontrols or careless passes. Ritchie helped a lot but all the play went through him, another winger is a desperate need. Perez was crap when he came on and Diame was off the pace. Shelvey's passing mixes from sublime to ridiculous, I'd probably stick with him but he tries the hollywood ball far too often, but that's partly down to a lack of movement around him.

You've got to get behind Rafa, if this doesn't work out, where do we go from here? That doesn't make him immune from criticism, I don't know how Anita has played 180 minutes but we've bought into Rafa and he will get it right. At some point.